Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance renewal advice

Options
  • 12-05-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi I have been with my current insurer for 3 years now and got my renewal in the post, last year it was €950 and this year it's gone up €1300. That's the "best available quote".
    I went online and got a quote with a different insurer for €750. Much better.

Will I have to ring my current insurer and tel them I got a better quote or just go ahead with the quote ? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,534 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I would ring them and see if they can match it, if they say they can ask them why they didn't match it in the first place and why were they trying to rip you off, then I would go with the other insurer to make a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Will I have to ring my current insurer and tel them I got a better quote or just go ahead with the quote ? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

I agree with Atlantic_Dawn above but to answer that question you asked - no, you are not obliged to tell your current insurer anything, the policy will lapse if you take your business elsewhere and do not renew it.

But ...... if I was moving, I'd phone my old insurer them to tell them, just to stop them bombarding me with reminders by e-mail or phone calls.

Advertisement