Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honestore and more barbeque

Options
  • 12-05-2017 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi I bought a bbq honestore Monday - husband put it together.... I bought the .pat expensive one as I wanted a good one stainless steel etc but I'm so disappointed with it it's so flimsy and shaky that if it were windy it would move it. Also and most importantly while cooking and the temperature at it's lowest the flare up from the flame when the chicken drops some fat burns the chicken costantly - this shouldn't happen and I do know how to barbeque.

I went in yesterday to the store to look at the same model in-store and yes it is flimsy and shaky to touch

It was reduced from 850 to 425 - is there anything I can do - I'm so disappointed with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did you not see it in store before you bought it, or was it an online purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭happydays5

Did you not see it in store before you bought it, or was it an online purchase?

Yes i did see it in store and I did buy in store but it was weighed down with items underneath in storage area and appeared to be much steadier - this I noticed when I went back in after I had bought it. But I've had a barbeque for years and this shouldn't be happening while cooking at lowest temperatures

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

happydays5 wrote: »
    Hi I bought a bbq honestore Monday - husband put it together.... I bought the .pat expensive one as I wanted a good one stainless steel etc but I'm so disappointed with it it's so flimsy and shaky that if it were windy it would move it. Also and most importantly while cooking and the temperature at it's lowest the flare up from the flame when the chicken drops some fat burns the chicken costantly - this shouldn't happen and I do know how to barbeque.

I went in yesterday to the store to look at the same model in-store and yes it is flimsy and shaky to touch

It was reduced from 850 to 425 - is there anything I can do - I'm so disappointed with it.

Its far from a gas situation, you must be flaming!

For the price the quality should be better by the sounds of it, bring it back and ask to speak to the manager and explain the poor quality to him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

they've some really nice ones in homebase for around the same price. very sturdy aswell. Bunnings took over so they are looking to a lot more aussie items now. might be worth a look if you can get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Sounds like you have used tgr barbecue. If so I think you will have liitle chance of satisfaction. In addition the barbecue works so you would be relying on the goodwill of the store. But you used it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Weather has turned as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If the shop does anything for you it's would be extreme goodwill. You saw before you bought yet you still bought. It works. They have no legal obligation to exchange or refund. Over €400 would be a big hit on them for you changing your mind after you used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Their "half price" offers are like tesco wine offers. Total bull. Artificially inflated to a massive price that they were never sold at and then conning consumers into thinking they are getting value.

How they get away with it is beyond me. Probably the most overpriced store in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, had a look at there on the website - not a chance it's usual retail price is €850, it's your typical higher end of the 'budget' BBQs if that makes sense, they usually sell for about €400 in Woodies or B&Q for almost identical models as a normal price.

All you can do is try and discuss it with the manager. Outline that the model in the store is misleading if you need to. Often these units are weighed down by items inside the storage area or braced against pallets of stock so how flimsy they are isn't actually that obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Their "half price" offers are like tesco wine offers. Total bull. Artificially inflated to a massive price that they were never sold at and then conning consumers into thinking they are getting value.

How they get away with it is beyond me. Probably the most overpriced store in the country.

I would often be in homestore and more. technically theyre not lying. usually the week before the 1/2 price sale they will get the stock in and tag in as the higher price. Noticed this with Christmas lights and luggage also. whether the product is worth that amount is another story but as far as their pricing goes, they are 1/2 the price they were literally a week before

• Advertisement
Advertisement