Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost 4 months post metecarpal fracture, problems with movent

Options
  • 12-05-2017 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

Firstly I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I can't find anywhere else suitable.

I'm a 17 year old male, almost 4 months ago I trripped up the step carrying shopping into my house and ended up with a severely displaced and overlapping 4th metecarpal fracture with heterotopic ossification. Had it minipulated under general anaesthetic with K-wire fixation the next day after a night on a hospital ward. Had wires removed 2 and a half months ago and was given advice on excessive to do at home to help with movent.

Problem is I can't straighten the finger attached to my 4th metecarpal. I can make a fist but I cannot straighten my finger at all despite doing the home phsyio I was told to do. I've tried pulling it straight and holding it and strapping it to my 3rd finger as straight as I could physically pull it but it just goes back to being bent downwars at my knuckle.

If I try and pick anything up with the affected hand it's still painful too, it feels like the bike which was broke is under stress so can't really do anything with my left hand.

I'm worried about possible extensor tendon damage.

Am I worried for nothing or should I go to my doctor to try and get a rfwrla back to orthopaedics?

Anybody else had anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Randomers on the internet are not the right people to be asking about this. Sounds like you've googled the bejaysis out of it already anyway!

Back to the medically trained doctor with you, young man.

Advertisement