Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New commute - Lucan to Eastpoint business park

Options
  • 11-05-2017 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

I have been offered a new role with a company based at Eastpoint Business park. I am currently living just off the N4 with access to buses 25, 25a, 25b, 66, 66a, 67 and 67a.

From my research, the business park is not the most accessible part of Dublin from my location. The fastest possible route for me would be a 25a or 25b, getting off at Bachelors Walk, getting on a 151 and getting off at East Wall road. Then it would be a walk to Bond Road (which involves crossing a major road that does not have traffic lights) and entering a gate which states pedestrians are not allowed to use the gate (even though there is a car park entrance no more than 10 metres inside the gate). All of this on a perfect day would take an hour I think, and if I was to factor in traffic problems and weather issues, prob an hour and 20 mins.

I am going to do a dry run tomorrow to see exactly what it would be like during the busiest part of the day, departing my home at 8am (I live near Hermitige park).

Does anybody else here work in this area and how do they find the commute. I picked this area to reside in order to make sure that my commute was generally always under an hour. In my line of work, most of my contracts would be in the city centre, so this commute has me rethinking the job offer. If I wanted a commute of an hour and 20 minutes, I could live in Enfield, Kinnegad, Lusk or any of the other large commuting areas and be paying far less in rent. My sister lives in Kinnegad and her commute to this area would be about the same as mine.

Also is there anybody here that drives to this business park and travels there via the N4, and would that person be wiling to have a passenger who would be able to contribute to cost of their commute.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

East Point Business park runs frequent free buses between the DART station in Clontarf and the Point Theatre/o2 Luas station.

http://www.eastpoint.ie/Shuttle-Bus-and-Location

They even have live bus tracking, cool :)

So the 25a/b to Bachelors walk and then onto the Luas to the o2

Or you could get on the DART at Tara to Clontarf.

Another option is any bus from town that heads towards Clontarf. Either get off at Annesley Bridge and about 10 minute walk to East Point (hundreds of people doing the same every day) or get off at Clontarf Dart Station and get the connecting bus from their into the business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

bk wrote: »
    East Point Business park runs frequent free buses between the DART station in Clontarf and the Point Theatre/o2 Luas station.

http://www.eastpoint.ie/Shuttle-Bus-and-Location

They even have live bus tracking, cool :)

So the 25a/b to Bachelors walk and then onto the Luas to the o2

Or you could get on the DART at Tara to Clontarf.

Another option is any bus from town that heads towards Clontarf. Either get off at Annesley Bridge and about 10 minute walk to East Point (hundreds of people doing the same every day) or get off at Clontarf Dart Station and get the connecting bus from their into the business park.

Thanks for that. I am not sure how much time that would save but I think it would be logical to assume that a direct luas would be quicker than 2 buses.

That solution does mean that my travel costs would go up as I would have to pay for both Luas and bus. At the moment using only bus means the most I spend would be the weekly cap on the bus. I will not have the facility to get a taxsaver either. As far as I am aware there is no dual bus and luas ticket.

Rail is not an option at all as there are no train station near to me and a Dart from Tara to clontarf would be a longer option timewise.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Worth trying both options. Two buses to Annesley bridge is probably fine too and as you say probably cheaper.

Google maps says the entire journey leaving at 8am would take about 1h 10 minutes by bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you are near the train, a Grand Canal Dock service into town and a change onto a northbound DART to Clontarf may work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

I work there and it isn't the most accessible location by public transport except from the DART. But, what about cycling? Depends where you are on the N4 obviously..... which I see now is Lucan. Might be a bit far so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

It would be about a 45 minute cycle with no major hills so that could be an option if you're that way inclined

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

What about getting the bus from Lucan and leaving an oldish bike in the city centre and cycle to and from the Business park

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Train from Adamstown to Connolly, Dart to Clontarf?

I know you said there is no train station near you, but could you cycle to Adamstown?

Advertisement