Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Lakelands Show & Autojumble, Abbeyshrule - any good?

• 11-05-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭ Silvera

Is the 'Lakelands Vintage Club Show & Autojumble' in Abbeyshrule, Co. Longford a decent-sized show/event?

I'm considering attending this Sunday (14th May 2017) but as it will be a 3-hour round trip for me, I'd like to know if its worth the effort/drive.

(I would normally place a question like this in the 'Shows' thread, but as the show takes place this weekend - and many forum members mightnt view my question in the meantime - I've placed it here in the main forum).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭ Blue850

Its ok , typical country show in a field, but the Festival of Transport in Punchestown seems to be the big show this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭ Silvera

I made it to the show. As stated by Blue850, it was a typical country show in a field. Having said that you always see something new at every show.

I particularly liked the Opel Rekord in 'period (i.e.rough 1980's) clothes' c/w 80's bootlid sticker....didnt like the 'wing mirrors' on it though! :eek:
    I also liked the tidy Opel Corsa saloon with 'Padre Pio tax / insurance sticker' :D (it was nctd and taxed btw).

The Citroen 2CV was listed as being "almost complete.. fully restored using a galvanised chassis" (c/w fresh set of plates on the rear seat).

A few pics, more to follow later...

More pics from the show..

New 'IR' reg plates on the rear seat of the 2CV (I'd like to know where the owner got these made up??)...

Some more pics..

More pics from the show..

• Advertisement

Last batch of pics from the show...incl a South African registered Jaguar MkII.

Pedal cycles wouldnt normally catch my interest, but the owner of these also had a nice collection of period accessories on display beside the bikes.

I was ecorted to-and-from the show by Moggies :D

Typical of many such shows, there was little in the way of signage to show the way/direction to the show. When I reached the outskirts of Abbeyshrule I spotted a mint Morris Minor van (pictured above) ahead of me - and followed him to the show / field.

When I was leaving the grey Minor (pictured) was motoring home ahead of me....a nice classic car / country scene. Hope ye all enjoyed the pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭ Duke O Smiley

Thanks for sharing. Love the Rekord estate and the Corsa

Forgot to post these two pics...in the same family for 50+ years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭ Blue850

Nice pics Silvera. The Crann family from Mullingar are well known in the vintage and veteran scene, they have some lovely Model Ts too

Advertisement