Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for VR glasses for 360

Options
  • 11-05-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi
    my Nephew made the communion there, and is flush with a bit of cash :) ,so he is looking to get Virtual Glasses, or maybe a headset to go with the system.

Can anyone advise on whats VR glasses or VR headset we should check out for him.?

Thanks.
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

As far as I am aware, there isnt a VR Headset for the 360 or even the One, not yet anyway.
    The Playstation has a VR headset.
    Other than that, you have the likes of the Hive or Oculus Rift then those headsets that you put your Smartphone into

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He'd want to be very flush with cash to afford an Oculus Rift + a PC to run it well.

A PS4/PS4 Pro and PS VR may be a more realistic option.

A mobile version like the Samsung Gear VR may be the best way of getting into VR for now though.

No VR has been announced for Xbox One, and I'd doubt that it'll ever come out on Xbox One. It definitely won't come out on 360, sorry!

More VR options will be released later this year, along side something called Windows Mixed Reality. Those headsets will most likely be compatible with Xbox Scorpio, which will be the most powerful console upon release.

Speaking of Xbox Scorpio, I'd convince your nephew to hold onto his money until the Scorpio comes out and buy that instead. VR is still very early in it's life, and might not even become mainstream, while a 4K console that will run some of his 360 games better than ever might be a better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mobile headsets are actually pretty good if you get a decent set BUT they do require a powerful phone, it would be a fairly poor experience on more basic to mid-range phones.

The PS4 + VR, even if you just went for the basic PS4 model and headset, would still be about €600 I think for the setup excluding games.

Oculus Rift/HTC Vive is totally out of the question as that would be around €1500 in total assuming you needed a PC also.

Compatible Samsung Galaxy phone + Samsung Gear VR is the best of the mobile VR offerings, would be a few hundred for both....but it's nowhere near as fun as the PS4 or PC VR offerings.

Advertisement