Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post to canada

Options
  • 10-05-2017 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a small usual sized envelope to post to Ottawa. I went to anpost.ie and it said it would cost 1.32eur to post.
    Can I stick two 72cent stamps on it and just throw it in a standard post box tomorrow?
    Is that possible?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

newwan wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a small usual sized envelope to post to Ottawa. I went to anpost.ie and it said it would cost 1.32eur to post.
    Can I stick two 72cent stamps on it and just throw it in a standard post box tomorrow?
    Is that possible?
    Thanks

Yep, they're more than happy for folk to overpay! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm currently using 2x60 for domestic (1.00) post and I know stuff is getting there as I'm getting replies. As said they're more than happy with overpay but they'd far prefer if you bought new stamps rather than using ones from a few years ago (4 in my case) :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AP could hardly complain at the rate they have increased the post recently, making stamps outdated very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

I'm not complaining. I just want it to get to Canada and not be binned

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Was saying AP (An Post) couldn't complain, not you.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

whiterebel wrote: »
    Was saying AP (An Post) couldn't complain, not you.:P

I read AP as OP initially too. Never heard them referred to as AP before.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I've received post with no stamps on it before. It arrived MONTHS after I was expecting but it arrived nonetheless. Probably less costly to suck it up and deliver it than destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

I've received post with no stamps on it before. It arrived MONTHS after I was expecting but it arrived nonetheless. Probably less costly to suck it up and deliver it than destroy it.

What? Are you mental lol?
    Who ever said anything about posting something with NO stamps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

What? Are you mental lol?
    Who ever said anything about posting something with NO stamps?

Just trying to allay your fears that it'd be binned for not having enough stampage. You're welcome.

Advertisement