Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming Emergency Tax After Losing Job

Options
  • 10-05-2017 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello All.
    I was let go by my employer in April 2017, I had only been working with them since mid December 2016, and they had never sorted out my income tax with revenue during those 4 months meaning I was on emergency tax the whole time.
    So as soon as I received my P45 from them after finishing up I sent it off with the P50 form to my local revenue office to claim back the emergency tax that I was due, which was around 3 weeks ago. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and knows how long I should typically wait before I start harassing Revenue on the phone?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

KingDH wrote: »
    Hello All.
    I was let go by my employer in April 2017, I had only been working with them since mid December 2016, and they had never sorted out my income tax with revenue during those 4 months meaning I was on emergency tax the whole time.
    So as soon as I received my P45 from them after finishing up I sent it off with the P50 form to my local revenue office to claim back the emergency tax that I was due, which was around 3 weeks ago. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and knows how long I should typically wait before I start harassing Revenue on the phone?

Thanks!

It depends on the office you've sent it to, and the level of backlogs there is. A lot of PAYE post is now worked in a centralised office, so there may be significant backlogs. Give it 6 weeks. The P50 does advise you wait 4 weeks after losing your job to send in the form or 8 weeks if you are receiving payment from Dept. of Social Protection

Advertisement