Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR customer service – A JOKE

Options
  • 10-05-2017 10:36am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 33


    Decided to change to EIR from Vodafone as I was assured by both the guy in the shop where I ordered the package and by the online engineer that I was going to get up to 90MPS or at the very worst 24MPS. it was only when I had it installed and had a visit from the third engineer that I was told that my line could not carry these kinds of speeds and his words were that EIR "should never have installed a fibre line when they knew it was too far from the exchange" i.e. 2.3 kms. So one of your engineer has gone on record saying that I was sold this under false pretences. Why should I be paying the same as someone who is getting 90MPS when I am getting a MAX of 7. Today I am getting just 4! I sent a screenshot of the speedtest to customer service and I got the usual reply "you have to talk to our tech department and they will sort it out.

    At least Vodafone were only charging me me 25€. Eir take 50€ for the same service.



    The guy in the tech dept this morning said that the max for me is 7mbs. and he said I should talk to the loyalty dept as I can change back to Broadband DSL which I did only to be told the same drivil. "You are in contract and you cannot change" Then she said she would send an engineer out. I asked so he could tell me the SAME thing again??? And so I could spend another day at home waiting for him to come??? WHAT A JOKE

    On that note - your loyalty people are rude, single minded and not at all helpful, and hard to understand due to the accent (Dublin). I had to constantly ask her to repeat what she had just said. The constant noise in the background did not help either. The only positive for EIR - their tech guys are knowledgeable and polite.

    So, due to the lack of cooperation from EIR I guess the next step is to take the third engineers report to a solicitor so I can take this further.



    Lesson : STAY AWAY FROM EIR


«1

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    Hi gettafeck,


    I'm very sorry to hear of your experiences to date.


    I will pass this feedback on to the relevant departments.


    If you would like me to look into anything for you please PM me your account number and full name and I would be more than happy to follow up on this.


    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    The latest instalment. Just had the engineer out to install Fibre at home as I was told by EIR that I could get it. Yet again, as I am too far from the pole on the road it will require an overhead connection which requires a pole to be erected. I live in a close with three other houses and the new pole would have to be right slap bang in the middle of the common/ driveway area. So this is not going to happen.
    End result - I cannot have fibre at home. So I am left paying 50 euros a month x 18 months = €900 to EIR for 6MPS. And EIR loyalty department (A major joke!!!) say there is nothing I can do about it for 18 months. (their words). And I changed from Vodafone with better connection speeds and cheaper price due to EIRS promises of a better service. What a brilliant company they are!
    Stay with Sky, Vodafone, whoever. DONT GO NEAR EIR.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2 OS1987


    Bad move to switch to a network full of people that are truly not capable of doing their job. I have never witnessed a worse run call center. What company does not let you speak to a team lead? I am well and truly sick of your team. No wonder you have so many unpaid bills when it is clearly your system and staff that are the issue


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    Hi OS1987,


    I'm very sorry you feel this way.


    Is there anything I can assist you with?


    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 2 OS1987


    I'm not quite sure Anna, we'll be here for a while. But to make a seriously long story short I have cancelled my account, but your customer care is telling me that my account has not been cancelled, yet I have an email saying it has been. I am being charged for a service I am not using and I have had nothing but issues with your staff since the beginning of my contract. Stress why I wanted out 12 months after starting my contract


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001


    OS1987 wrote: »
    What company does not let you speak to a team lead? 
    Most of them actually.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    OS1987 wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure Anna, we'll be here for a while. But to make a seriously long story short I have cancelled my account, but your customer care is telling me that my account has not been cancelled, yet I have an email saying it has been.  I am being charged for a service I am not using and I have had nothing but issues with your staff since the beginning of my contract. Stress why I wanted out 12 months after starting my contract
    Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this for you?

    I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. 

    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    davo2001 wrote: »
    OS1987 wrote: »
    What company does not let you speak to a team lead? 
    Most of them actually.
    I disagree. I am with sky and left Vodafone for EIR:(  and I have got to speak to a manager/team leader when I asked. Just not with EIR!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    I am very sorry to hear this.

    -Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws


    I also stupidly decided to change from digiweb to eir. Two days now I have wasted waiting in for the courier to deliver my modem. When I rang eir customer services to find out what was happening, I was told that I had to talk to Nightline couriers about it, and that I had to google nightline to get the phone number to call. The customer service adviser wouldn't - or couldn't give me any contact details for the couriers. My contract is not with Nightline, it is with eir. Apparently my modem was sent to the wrong depot by nightline, and eir were informed of this, and should have contacted me to tell me now to bother waiting in today, but didn't. Worst customer service I've had to deal with.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    Hi muddypaws,


    I'm very sorry to hear this.


    I'm afraid Nightline is a third party company that we use and our customer service agents would be unable to access this informatin or have any contact details for couriers.


    I understand that you had ordered this product from eir, however, we would be unable to track the progress with Nightline as this would be done through them with yourself.


    I do apologise for any inconvenience.


    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws


    eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi muddypaws,


    I'm very sorry to hear this.


    I'm afraid Nightline is a third party company that we use and our customer service agents would be unable to access this informatin or have any contact details for couriers.


    I understand that you had ordered this product from eir, however, we would be unable to track the progress with Nightline as this would be done through them with yourself.


    I do apologise for any inconvenience.


    Thanks,
    Anna
    Odd, as when I phoned back and spoke with a different agent she did indeed have contact details for Nightline, and was very surprised that the first customer service agent didn't have, as she was under the impression that everyone had it to hand to give out to customers. 


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    ...and yet another issue. Got a call from EIR last week saying as my issue had not been resolved would I like for another engineer to come out so I said Yes. So received a text the next morning saying that "your installation is arranged for 02/06 and will start between 9AM and 1230PM" Then another text the following day from EIR saying the same thing. GREAT.
    Yesterday I receive a call from another clone in EIR to confirm the appointment and she said that the engineer will be with me between 9 and 5. I said that this is the second time that this had happened and I had been told that it would be in the morning to which she replied that this is standard procedure but does not mean anything! Getting to a stage where I am wondering if EIR are just doing it to p**s people off with the complete lack of customer service.

    Had enough of this utter timewasting so was on to COMREG this morning! Game on!! :mad::mad::mad:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    muddypaws wrote: »
    eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi muddypaws,


    I'm very sorry to hear this.


    I'm afraid Nightline is a third party company that we use and our customer service agents would be unable to access this informatin or have any contact details for couriers.


    I understand that you had ordered this product from eir, however, we would be unable to track the progress with Nightline as this would be done through them with yourself.


    I do apologise for any inconvenience.


    Thanks,
    Anna
    Odd, as when I phoned back and spoke with a different agent she did indeed have contact details for Nightline, and was very surprised that the first customer service agent didn't have, as she was under the impression that everyone had it to hand to give out to customers. 
    I'm afraid we would not have a direct contact for the courier and would only be bale to advise of Nightline's phone number.

    I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    gettafeck wrote: »
    ...and yet another issue. Got a call from EIR last week saying as my issue had not been resolved would I like for another engineer to come out so I said Yes. So received a text the next morning saying that "your installation is arranged for 02/06 and will start between 9AM and 1230PM" Then another text the following day from EIR saying the same thing. GREAT.
    Yesterday I receive a call from another clone in EIR to confirm the appointment and she said that the engineer will be with me between 9 and 5. I said that this is the second time that this had happened and I had been told that it would be in the morning to which she replied that this is standard procedure but does not mean anything! Getting to a stage where I am wondering if EIR are just doing it to p**s people off with the complete lack of customer service.

    Had enough of this utter timewasting so was on to COMREG this morning! Game on!! :mad::mad::mad:
    I am very sorry.

    I will query this with our Wholesale team for you and will update you as soon as I have heard back.

    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    :mad: ...and there we go. Now 1307 and no engineer, no phone call to say he wont be there and ANOTHER morning off work for me so I could be here when the engineer arrived.
    Annoyed beyond reason. How can a company get away with this type of service???


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered


    gettafeck wrote: »
    :mad: ...and there we go. Now 1307 and no engineer, no phone call to say he wont be there and ANOTHER morning off work for me so I could be here when the engineer arrived.
    Annoyed beyond reason. How can a company get away with this type of service???

    I often wondered the same when I was with them. It's as if someone on the inside is sabotaging them because it seems to be a case of "if it can go wrong it will".

    My unhappy time with eircom included them reassigning a fixed ip which my company had paid for to allow me work from home. They couldn't fix it for a week and cost us literally thousands in lost business. They wouldn't even acknowledge that there was a problem and the utter contempt that the "customer service team" displayed was horrendous. I felt so sorry for their IT guys who were as helpful as they could be with their hands severly tied.

    Another issue was they tied me into another contract having never spoken to me. Wouldn't provide the transcript of the alleged phone call either. Then when I did get to the end of the contract they continued billing me, despite me registering a letter requesting closure. When I disputed that I was ver ungraciously told by their agent that they would refund the closure fee and "let me away with it".

    When working in a call centre an ex Eir employee was hired. I've never seen someone with less interest in helping the customer. When our team leader spoke to her about it she was genuinely shocked that she was expected to Do more than just "field calls" because apparently that's all they were expected to do there. Just get the customer off the phone ASAP whether their complaint had been dealt with or not.

    Suffice to say, if Eir started to provide electricity I would stock up on candles rather than deal with them again.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    Whispered wrote: »
    gettafeck wrote: »
    :mad: ...and there we go. Now 1307 and no engineer, no phone call to say he wont be there and ANOTHER morning off work for me so I could be here when the engineer arrived.
    Annoyed beyond reason. How can a company get away with this type of service???

    I often wondered the same when I was with them. It's as if someone on the inside is sabotaging them because it seems to be a case of "if it can go wrong it will".

    My unhappy time with eircom included them reassigning a fixed ip which my company had paid for to allow me work from home. They couldn't fix it for a week and cost us literally thousands in lost business. They wouldn't even acknowledge that there was a problem and the utter contempt that the "customer service team" displayed was horrendous. I felt so sorry for their IT guys who were as helpful as they could be with their hands severly tied.

    Another issue was they tied me into another contract having never spoken to me. Wouldn't provide the transcript of the alleged phone call either. Then when I did get to the end of the contract they continued billing me, despite me registering a letter requesting closure. When I disputed that I was ver ungraciously told by their agent that they would refund the closure fee and "let me away with it".

    When working in a call centre an ex Eir employee was hired. I've never seen someone with less interest in helping the customer. When our team leader spoke to her about it she was genuinely shocked that she was expected to Do more than just "field calls" because apparently that's all they were expected to do there. Just get the customer off the phone ASAP whether their complaint had been dealt with or not.

    Suffice to say, if Eir started to provide electricity I would stock up on candles rather than deal with them again.
    Hi Whispered. You have hit the nail on the head. I have had the exact same experiences with EIR. Experienced and polite tech guys and girls. Cant do enough but then you hear the dreaded "I cant do anymore so you will have to talk to the loyalty department" (they should really change the name of this department, although I think the "loyalty" is to EIR and not the customer). Like you I am planning to work from home a lot more and therefore need a stable fast connection and this was the reason I changed to EIR as they said I would have a minimum 24MPS. More fool me. Anyway I have it with COMREG now.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    Whispered wrote: »
    gettafeck wrote: »
    :mad: ...and there we go. Now 1307 and no engineer, no phone call to say he wont be there and ANOTHER morning off work for me so I could be here when the engineer arrived.
    Annoyed beyond reason. How can a company get away with this type of service???

    I often wondered the same when I was with them. It's as if someone on the inside is sabotaging them because it seems to be a case of "if it can go wrong it will".

    My unhappy time with eircom included them reassigning a fixed ip which my company had paid for to allow me work from home. They couldn't fix it for a week and cost us literally thousands in lost business. They wouldn't even acknowledge that there was a problem and the utter contempt that the "customer service team" displayed was horrendous. I felt so sorry for their IT guys who were as helpful as they could be with their hands severly tied.

    Another issue was they tied me into another contract having never spoken to me. Wouldn't provide the transcript of the alleged phone call either. Then when I did get to the end of the contract they continued billing me, despite me registering a letter requesting closure. When I disputed that I was ver ungraciously told by their agent that they would refund the closure fee and "let me away with it".

    When working in a call centre an ex Eir employee was hired. I've never seen someone with less interest in helping the customer. When our team leader spoke to her about it she was genuinely shocked that she was expected to Do more than just "field calls" because apparently that's all they were expected to do there. Just get the customer off the phone ASAP whether their complaint had been dealt with or not.

    Suffice to say, if Eir started to provide electricity I would stock up on candles rather than deal with them again.
    Hi Whispered,

    I'm very sorry to hear this.

    Is there anything I can assist you with?

    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    Anna

    I understand that it is probably your job to reply to these posts but it just seems to be you going through the motions -So why bother? I have not come across anyone that has actually been helped by the "EIR representatives"
    The fact that you post the same apology, albeit worded differently and nearly always includes "I,M VERY SORRY TO HEAR THIS" just antagonises the EIR customers with real issues. These are empty words when nothing gets done.


    ..and on that note, here's a question you can answer. It is now 5 o clock and I would like to know how EIR are going to reimburse me for the day off work that I just spent at home waiting for an engineer between 00900 and 1230, WHO NEVER SHOWED UP???


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    I am very sorry you feel this way gettafeck.


    I would recommend contacting our Open eir appointments department on 01 5366550 and they will be able to look into this for you.


    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    eir: Anna wrote: »
    I am very sorry you feel this way gettafeck.


    I would recommend contacting our Open eir appointments department on 01 5366550 and they will be able to look into this for you.


    Thanks,
    Anna
    Thank you Anna.

    Very helpful!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    No problem at all.

    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    eir: Anna wrote: »
    No problem at all.

    Thanks,
    Anna
    :rolleyes: Rookie mistake. Forgot robots don't get sarcasm!!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    I'm very sorry you feel this way.

    Thanks,
    Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    Well Anna,
    When the response to every problem is the same "I am sorry you feel this way" without ANY resolve to the situation or acknowledgement of liability you have to understand my scepticism.
    Other than giving me phone numbers which are easily obtainable or the above mentioned "scripted apology" then I can see no reason to have Eir representatives here on this bulletin board.
    In fact Anna, from now on I would like to be able to post on here without getting a response from EIR as it just means that I get a notification of message from Boards.ie, which I then look at to find it is from your company and subsequently about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
    Consider this as my "unsubscribe" from EIR,s wonderful customer/loyalty support service.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna


    Unfortunately, gettafeck, I would be unable to assist you further on this as I have advised you of the correct department to contact in regards to your appointment date as we are unable to access this information from here or contact a technician on your behalf.

    I am very sorry that you are unsatisfied with my responses and your overall experience, however, we have advised you on your query and would be unable to advise you further on this.

    -Anna


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie


    Surely Anna you can see that every response on this thread has been the same, and in that, totally pointless?


  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck


    eir: Anna wrote: »
    Unfortunately, gettafeck, I would be unable to assist you further on this as I have advised you of the correct department to contact in regards to your appointment date as we are unable to access this information from here or contact a technician on your behalf.

    I am very sorry that you are unsatisfied with my responses and your overall experience, however, we have advised you on your query and would be unable to advise you further on this.

    -Anna
    SO what about my query asking why EIR installed efibre when I am 2.3 kms from the cabinet and three engineers have said that Eirs policy is NOT to install Efibre if the premises is more than 2km from the cabinet?
    IN fact, you have also said the same thing in a private message to me on 30 May at 1155, which I have already forwarded to COMREG as part of my complaint about EIR selling me the service and and then telling me it should not have been installed.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990


    Just dropping in

    Anna, please leave the thread. Your clearly not helping this customer at all and coping:/pasting the same message will drive any customer mad.

    Just my 2 cents.

    I'm Out

    Ps: Seems like absolutely shocking service.


Advertisement