Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Thanks for your time

Registered Users Posts: 4 ListerOfSmeg

Just wanted to give a massive thanks to all you who post on these forums, you give very solid and informative information on the job! I've been researching every aspect of the job, and statements from friends I know currently in the PSNI and I'm certain it's something I want to push myself to achieve. Every doubt and question I had which my friends did not answer, you guys gave me the answer so thank you for that!

I plan to apply once recruitment opens this autumn - let the games begin! : -)

Comments

• Welcome and excellent username :D

Just rewatched the whole series on Netflix.

• Thanks, A lot!

It's an ole classic isn't? re watched them myself on netflix not long ago : -)

• Welcome :)
    I too am applying first time in the next campaign, it's great to see so many newbies, the guys here are very helpful and always help you out.

• Welcome aboard, you've came to the right place.

• Appreciate that!

Extremely excited, it'll very much be a " if I fail, try again until I get it " type of journey

quick question: was speaking with a fellow friend who is an officer; I currently have quite long hair (in saying quite long, it's almost down to the bottom of my back). Anyway, I plan to cut it off for applying. from what I have gathered, the first invitation is not dealt directly with the PSNI? I assume it is the second role playing test that you deal directly with the PSNI? best cutting it before or after?

• Advertisement

• Welcome! It's always good to see new people coming enthusiastically! We're always more than happy to help.

In regards to your hair I wouldn't worry too much until you come to the final stages, so long as it's presentable and tidy then they won't mind too much at application stage.

• Appreciate that!

Extremely excited, it'll very much be a " if I fail, try again until I get it " type of journey

quick question: was speaking with a fellow friend who is an officer; I currently have quite long hair (in saying quite long, it's almost down to the bottom of my back). Anyway, I plan to cut it off for applying. from what I have gathered, the first invitation is not dealt directly with the PSNI? I assume it is the second role playing test that you deal directly with the PSNI? best cutting it before or after?

You don't actually come 'in contact' with the PSNI until fitness and medical. So you've a long way before you need to worry. As

You'll only need to look smart for Assessment Centre (role plays etc). Think 'dressing for a job interview' smart.

• Great! So for first initial stages, basically tie the hair up, out of sight then - and smartly dressed - got cha!
    Thanks for the advice on that, @majgreen
    & @Homer01 - was a bit of a grey area for me in relation!

Advertisement