Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery charges occasionally

Options
  • 09-05-2017 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Toshiba Satellite laptop about ten years old. Works fine, if a little slow. For the last while having problems recharging battery - charge light not coming on at front of machine. Changed plug, plug fuse, repaired cut at top of charging cable by replacing moulded plug. Don't have any electrical testing equipment.
    Today, I took out battery and am now working fine by being connected to mains. Can I continue this way or will it damage the machine? Battery only lasts one hour after it gets full charge. Is it a new battery that I need?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont know how you got through all those steps and still have to ask, battery is definitely knackered at this point.

Yes, you can use it with the pack out no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

Ed E thanks for your reply. Why I ask is for two reasons
    1. IMHO ignorance is not 'not knowing' its not asking when there is advice available
    2. Second, what if it was an intermittent fault, internally, electronically, or motherboard or power software glitch.:D

Advertisement