Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering if I will qualify for planning permission

Options
  • 09-05-2017 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,

I am applying for planning permission on a site that has been denied a few years ago to my parents. Now they already own their home and it's purpose was for a second property to sell. I am a first time builder/owner/buyer currently renting and am also looking into improving the drainage on the site as well as it's very wet. If anyone has any tips on improving the land or indeed planning permission reasons being taken into account I'd love to get your opinions.

Any help would be great.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

birdie91 wrote:
    I am applying for planning permission on a site that has been denied a few years ago to my parents. Now they already own their home and it's purpose was for a second property to sell. I am a first time builder/owner/buyer currently renting and am also looking into improving the drainage on the site as well as it's very wet. If anyone has any tips on improving the land or indeed planning permission reasons being taken into account I'd love to get your opinions.

I suggest you make an appointment to see a planner in your local council. Highlight your links to the area, necessity to be near your parents.
    As for the site how wet is it? Would a land drainage network of pipes improve it. Although whether this would help in regards a septic system not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 birdie91

Thanks nhunter100! The site has a dryer half to it which I would ideally locate the house but 60% of it is covered in rushes due to lack of drainage. I will have to put in some work in order to improve drainage I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good way of doing so. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

birdie91 wrote:
    Thanks nhunter100! The site has a dryer half to it which I would ideally locate the house but 60% of it is covered in rushes due to lack of drainage. I will have to put in some work in order to improve drainage I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good way of doing so. Thanks again.

I worked on a site several years ago that was very wet. We laid a network of land drainage pipes across it . Luckily there was a lower waterway to drain into. As I said a pre- planning meeting should give you an idea how things will go. Best of luck.

Advertisement