Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV needed

Options
  • 09-05-2017 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I'm looking for a very good quality 32" TV.
    My current one is around 23" and too small and I need one with two scart plugs.
    Are 4k HD worth the money?
    Any links to a good quality TV that suits my requirements?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,398 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Doubt if you'll find a 4K (aka UHD) in that screensize. Scart sockets are disappearing fast, you might need to go to one of the stores with a large number of TVs on display like Harvey Norman or PC World to see if they have any TVs of that size with Scart.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,043 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They say you need at least 40 inch to get the benefits of 4K. Sony seem to still have scart sockets, Samsung and most of the other makers have removed them. I wouldn't bother too much about spending big money on getting advanced features like Android support, it would be more cost effective to connect a Chromecast or Kodi box to it which will allow more updates in to the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

just wondering what the scart sockets are for? 4k would be a waste of money if your content is coming through these adapters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SGSM

ssmith6287 wrote:
    just wondering what the scart sockets are for? 4k would be a waste of money if your content is coming through these adapters

Sky Box & PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

SGSM wrote: »
    Sky Box & PS4

use hdmi for the ps4 anyway, if you have an older skybox then stick with youd have the option of coax also. pretty much all tvs nowadays will have 1 of these connections each. Don't get caught up on UHD or 4k especially on that size. Go into 1 of the showrooms and literally pick based on what jumps out at you and what you can afford. Specs mean nothing if you cant feel them working

• Advertisement
Advertisement