Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Studying Abroad Prices?

Options
  • 09-05-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey, so I just finished up my first year of college and am going into my second in September. I really want to study abroad probably in either the UK or USA in 3rd year but my mom is concerned about the price. I've found it very difficult to get info about it and she wants to know sooner rather than later so we can start saving up. I know that there are different kinds of grants depending on where you go. So I guess I'm wondering how much a year abroad would cost, how difficult the grants are to get and how much of the costs to does the grant cover (like if I get a grant would I still have to pay a lot.)? Also has anyone ever been on a erasumus through UCD what was your experiance of it? Thanks xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CDDC17

Hi, There's two types of Exchanges you can go on, Non-EU and Erasmus. Erasmus refers to countries within the EU and a few exceptions such as Switzerland, Norway since they are closely linked to the EU. Whereas Non-EU refers to countries outside of the EU such as US or Australia. I know that Erasmus is the much easier of the two as if you avail of the Susi grant it pays for the year and you still receive the monthly payment as well you can apply for an Erasmus grant where you can receive between 200-250 a month depending. Whereas Non-Eu is not as simple especially if you apply to the US as you have to provide evidence that your parents have 18,000 in savings in the bank as I believe you may have to help pay for it but im not as sure as the Erasmus. Personally I would have to say Erasmus is the better of the two choices but sure that's all down to you :)

Advertisement