Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law degree options

Options
  • 08-05-2017 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'm graduating with a law degree next year, but I feel like I don't want to be a solicitor anymore.

My question is what alternative careers are available with a law degree (without doing FE1s)? Would I be able to land a job in HR management or banking, or even journalism? I've completed an internship at a commercial law firm in Dublin, but the thought of working as a trainee solicitor for 2 years without actually having much interest in the career puts me off sitting the FE1s altogether.

Any careers open to me other than solicitor/barrister/lecturer without having to do a degree in a different area? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FatimaR

What kind of law have you studied? You should be able to get an HR job after taking some basic HR training or course with the right kind of law educational background. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TwentyThree

Thanks for the response Fatima, my degree is Pure Law. I was actually reading about HR there and it seems they hire law or business graduates for entry level jobs so that's good to know. Cheers!

Advertisement