Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating advice

Options
  • 08-05-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Saw a girl the other night, first date went well. I can see she is still logged into dating site.Should I take it she is not into long term relationship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

So were you logged in if you could see her? Maybe she's just keeping her options open

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It was just the first date. Wait until ye've been seeing each other for a month or so before expecting it to be exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭fire_man

Ya I just logged on and saw her on it. Texting since first date and getting on well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It was one date, she's hardly going to log off and be exclusive yet.

Generally, people will be having first dates with a few different people, and eventually decide who they want more with.

Sure she could have been checking if you were online (which you were!).

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭fire_man

I just logged on and off a few times and she was online but will stay on now she sees me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Albertie

It depends on the individual as if she is interested and also if the portal or website is having really genuine profiles over there not like for had some profile to make money only, though you can text her if you got her mobile no else try to text on that dating website where you find her and ask for another next meeting casually and see how it goes and you will have a good idea by then if she replies or not so best not to make guess just ask is the best way to know, you will find best if she is not for you in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'd say he copped on after 4 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I want to know what happened. Was there a second date? Is it a case of "Reader, I married her..."? Have they had four kids since the thread started? Are they still both logging on to dating sites?

200.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

.anon. wrote: »
    I want to know what happened. Was there a second date? Is it a case of "Reader, I married her..."? Have they had four kids since the thread started? Are they still both logging on to dating sites?

Seems to have worked out :pac:

Well done OP :)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058124901/1/#post115067694

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Seems to have worked out :pac:

Well done OP :)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058124901/1/#post115067694

Timeline doesn’t quite fit.

He says a ‘couple of years’ in his October 2020 thread. This thread was started May 2017 so the gap in threads is almost 3.5 years.

The OP needs to clarify if it is the same lady or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Zombie thread, shot in the head.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement