Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace front passenger seat to increase travel belts?

Options
  • 08-05-2017 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

Hi, we're looking into getting a campervan, budget around 7/8k. A problem I think we're facing is at that money it is mostly older campers in budget that only have 2 belted seats, as any rear seats are not belts or just lap belts. As we have 1 year old we're keen to fit a child seat securely.

One option I thought of was to remove front passenger seat and replace with a double and two belts. I understand we'll lose the walk through facility and need to find a van that has the space for it.

Is there anything I am missing that makes this idea more difficult than it first seems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

schmittel wrote: »
    Is there anything I am missing that makes this idea more difficult than it first seems?

Only that Dolmen intermittantly insists on being able to walk from the front to the back but stuarts or one of the others should cover you. If you put a swivel on the drivers side you can still clamber through when its raining or you're parked in.

Mine has a double passenger and room to walk through...once I took the photo from far enough away

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

You could always get a double swivel and pick up a standard double sat depending on van> http://www.kiravans.co.uk/scopema-rib-campervan-seats/vw-t5-swivels

I fitted a Previa double swivel to the front of a transit before; would only give you one 3-point belt though

Advertisement