Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disable notification on Wileyfox Swift?

Options
  • 08-05-2017 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Getting a notifiaction - "System update available". It's to update to the latest version of android. Is there any way to disable this? Tried various notification settings and a few google suggestions but no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Why wouldn't you want to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Getting a notifiaction - "System update available". It's to update to the latest version of android. Is there any way to disable this? Tried various notification settings and a few google suggestions but no joy.

This might help

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/100991/how-do-i-skip-an-android-system-update-and-stop-its-notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Heighway61

NATLOR wrote: »
    Cheers. Had disabled notifications for Google Play Services but hadn't done the restart.

Went ahead with the update. My email is gone and my Chromuim browser is gone. I have lost all my emails and, more imortantly my Internet bookmarks and history. I can't believe it. I am disgusted. I will never buy a Wileyfox again. That's just on first glance. What else am I going to find ballsed up. Pr1cks.

Went ahead with the update. My email is gone and my Chromuim browser is gone. I have lost all my emails and, more imortantly my Internet bookmarks and history. I can't believe it. I am disgusted. I will never buy a Wileyfox again. That's just on first glance. What else am I going to find ballsed up. Pr1cks.

All that is cloud based man you haven't lost anything i would guess. Make sure you are logged in to your google account.

• Advertisement

I've lost everything in my local email folders. But the big disappointment is losing over a year's worth of bookmarks. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I've lost everything in my local email folders. But the big disappointment is losing over a year's worth of bookmarks. Raging.

From chrome or a different browser? Chrome syncs them automatically by default assuming you didn't switch sync off.

Chromium browser and Boxer email app, defaults with Cyanogen OS. Whole Cyanogen OS gone. Replaced with stock Nougat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Then you are sh!t out of luck. This is the consequence of Cyanogen folding.
    They didn't use Google Apps (GAPPS) so no syncing to Google for email or bookmarks

ongarite wrote: »
    Then you are sh!t out of luck. This is the consequence of Cyanogen folding.
    They didn't use Google Apps (GAPPS) so no syncing to Google for email or bookmarks

What are you raving about?

• Advertisement

There is a "Factory data reset" in the settings. Would that take me back to Cyanogen, or just to the Nougat update?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There is a "Factory data reset" in the settings. Would that take me back to Cyanogen, or just to the Nougat update?

It would wipe your user data/apps but retain Nougat.

To roll back you'd have to flash Cy from recovery and that'd imply starting from fresh.

ED E wrote: »
    It would wipe your user data/apps but retain Nougat.

To roll back you'd have to flash Cy from recovery and that'd imply starting from fresh.
    Thanks. Sorry, not sure what you mean by flashing from recovery. If I could get Cyanogen back at least it would be something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks. Sorry, not sure what you mean by flashing from recovery. If I could get Cyanogen back at least it would be something.

If those words arent familiar to you then best plan of action is to find your nerdiest friend and ask them to do it. Not a long process, but some errors can brick(kill) a phone.

Advertisement