Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following Dinkum Diamond

Options
  • 08-05-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

I see that Borntobewilde put this up yesterday , and i must admit i had a few quid on at 120 on betfair.

Suffice it to say i don't think we will be waiting long for this to win. It might be important to get in early as its sticks out a mile in terms of mark and last years form. He ran well yesterday in a kind of strange looking way.

I'm guessing there must be a 7 furlong handicap worth a few quid coming up soon enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I know one of the connections involved with this horse, have spoke about it several times before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103027472&postcount=5

It's a horse that when trained by Henry Candy, it always ran to the best of its ability, and hence since been transferred to Ireland has just been badly handicapped. That's why we've seen the horse out 5 times in less than two months, handicapper needs to relent a little. I agree that there is a win in it at some point. Andy Slattery was discussing it before the off on ATR yesterday, but I had a crying grandchild on my lap and missed it. Can anyone remember what he said? I thought I heard something about them looking to enter it at Galway. This would make sense as the owners love having a horse running during the big occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Curragh 2:25

I’m going to follow Dinkum Diamond until he inevitably wins of this mark. He caught the eye last time, but im not sure about the jockey yet. He can certainly perform of this mark and we’ll be sticking with him as long as he is a decent price as he is a certainty to pop up at some stage this year.

1 Point win 25/1 vc/coral/boyles/black

Think today might be the day lads. 10lb claimer on board against the poorest calibre of horses it has faced this season. Only worry is how it takes to the track. 20/1 best price win only.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Think today might be the day lads. 10lb claimer on board against the poorest calibre of horses it has faced this season. Only worry is how it takes to the track. 20/1 best price win only.

No stalls in use for the 7Furlong races btw

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Where's the race?

Nvm. Listowel@1440.

• Advertisement

Tomorrow could be the day!

I’m on @ 25s

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I’m on @ 25s

Where's this?

beertons wrote: »
    Where's this?

2:40 Listowel

I’m on @ 25s
    I can't see it. It didn't like the heavy ground earlier this week against weaker horse than what it faces today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Not today...

• Advertisement

Time to revive this thread methinks.

Dinkum Diamond runs in the 7:30 at Dundalk today. Horse has been dropped 8lbs since it ran last in 2017. Goes today effectively off 15lbs that weight thanks to the 7lb claimer on-board that is Ben Coen. Drawn 8 out of 8 is not ideal, but I don't think this is a horse that would be making all anyway. More likely (I hope) is that it is tucked in before being unleashed down the middle when on the straight where it should make the line first. I took the 25/1 with Sky Bet and have been given the nod by my friend who has a stake that all is well and they hope this can be competitive.

Time to revive this thread methinks.

Dinkum Diamond runs in the 7:30 at Dundalk today. Horse has been dropped 8lbs since it ran last in 2017. Goes today effectively off 15lbs that weight thanks to the 7lb claimer on-board that is Ben Coen. Drawn 8 out of 8 is not ideal, but I don't think this is a horse that would be making all anyway. More likely (I hope) is that it is tucked in before being unleashed down the middle when on the straight where it should make the line first. I took the 25/1 with Sky Bet and have been given the nod by my friend who has a stake that all is well and they hope this can be competitive.
    Oh dear.

I chased up my chum today and asked him what was the story with the last run this horse had. He said they were all very disappointed with the run, it was all the more strange because the horse had been in cracking form just before the race, and a few days later was schooling well. The vet found nothing wrong, and since this is looking well at home, they're sending it out again.

Best price only 10/1 now, so they're having a fair go at it.

Oh dear.

I chased up my chum today and asked him what was the story with the last run this horse had. He said they were all very disappointed with the run, it was all the more strange because the horse had been in cracking form just before the race, and a few days later was schooling well. The vet found nothing wrong, and since this is looking well at home, they're sending it out again.

###

had a go at 18.0 on betfair just in case

Oh dear.

had a few quid at 18 on betfair. Bee nice with the week ahead

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Pissing against the wind with this, the horse is done

Surly Not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

aidankkk wrote: »
    Surly Not?

I've backed it. Seems a wide open race and PP paying 5 places.

Watch its second last race at Galway. Started so badly you could not even believe it and had to come from near last to 5th, while finding trouble and gobbling up the ground. Second last time out over C+D a few months ago and 1lb lower today. See it's been declared for 2 more races next week over an extended trip.

Taken the 22/1 with 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

On at 22/1 €50 e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

No excuses yesterday

is not putting it all in, he had a grand position if he was good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Entered on Wednesday at Gowran

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Horse needs a change of jockey maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

knighted wrote: »
    Horse needs a change of jockey maybe ?

Horse is finished and has been for years , you cant get a horse to win when he doesnt put it all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Could end up falling in in a weak race if mark drops a bit more I guess but looks to have lost a yard of dash and doesn't quite see out the mile, additionally looks to be as sour as a lemon nowadays - so I agree that he's basically finished.

Would've hoped owners might have called it a day by now - not like he owes them anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Well he has got his weak race next week at Roscommon over 7f.

Andrew Slattery will have to bite the bullet and realise they won't drop him any further than 66, a far cry from his 98 mark this time last year !

He's 10 now but that doesn't seem to affect battle hardened former sprinters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Out tonight at Roscommon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Could not have it on my mind tonight, so will win for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I stuck 5ew for old times sake!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

his last chance but ill have a saver on youseeyousee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

his last chance but ill have a saver on youseeyousee

Well done