Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aimee Mann - National Stadium - Oct 28

Options
  • 08-05-2017 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Her new album Mental Illness is great, and I was hoping she'd bring it here on tour.

Tickets on sale this morning..
    Got mine in Row B :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Tickets bought but National Stadium? Not been to a gig in there since Meat Loaf in 1990'ish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Tickets bought but National Stadium? Not been to a gig in there since Meat Loaf in 1990'ish...

I think I was at James there fadó fadó (though it might have been the SFX - memories are hazy..

Unusual venue though..
    Anyone been to a seated gig there?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

last gig i was at there was aimee supported by damien rice

Snarky Snark Snark

Well, cannot be any worse than the last place she played, Bored Gas thingy, ****ing awful venue for a live band

How was it Ned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

fortunately/unfortunately i am old enough to remember when the stadium was regularly used as a venue. i've always liked it for sit down gigs.

Snarky Snark Snark

Finally got around to listening to the new album, dribbling with luscious lovelyness it is.

looking more forward to this now than U2 & Picnic.

Finally got around to listening to the new album, dribbling with luscious lovelyness it is.

It's her best yet imo..
    Not one dud track.
    Absolutely can't wait.

This review can not be ignored if you are any way into female singer songwriters.
    This is one of the best albums of recent times.

Snarky Snark Snark

and now i have to listen to snow cone again.....

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well that was just lovely, sound quality was fantastic, support was great too, spent a fortune at the concession stand, bought the vinyl.

I don’t even have a record player but the cover just looked lovely in large size.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭uphillonly

Great gig, she never disappoints. I think it's the 4th time I've seen her & the best backing band. I remember a gig at the Mean Fiddler in London where the backing band didn't know all her early stuff so she guided the lead guitarist through the changes in Stupid Thing on stage! No lead guitar this time but the piano solos really worked well in its place.

I was chatting to the sound desk after Jonathan Coulton's set telling them how impressive the acoustics were as I was worried, after all it is a boxing arena. He said they have the National Stadium sorted & it's a great venue sound wise.

Nice moment when she joined Coulton during his set: 'have you apologised to them for our President yet?'. "We all voted for him & thought it would be fine".

Set list from lighting desk. Who's on stage for each song, like the 'upbeat/peppy':

37967331886_4d2990bba1.jpg

Set list with full titles from the stage:

37967332016_70154acc42.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Really enjoyed the gig as well. Aimee was amazing as expected ... Loved every song and really liked the stories behind some of them. Jonathan Coulson had me in stitches, he's very funny. I loved the IKEA song. Nice venue too. Easy to get in and out of. Sound was terrific.

Advertisement