Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Inchicore

Options
  • 07-05-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm moving up to Dublin. I've sorted a room in Tramyard apartments. The car spaces with the apartment are both in use. I had a drive around today and a lot of the area requires disk parking except for St Vincent St W and St Michaels Estate.

I was wondering would it be ok to park the car up there during the week? That area has gotten some bad press on boards threads I could find but a lot of them are 6+ years old. Would I be still taking a risk?

Is there anywhere else close by that would be ok to park a car during the week?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not worth the risk in my opinion. Forking out the €100 a year for disc parking would be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 krustie92

Hi Gav, I get that but I need some place to park my car while I get that permit sorted out.

I'm in an apartment block so I think that permit is €400 or have I completely mis-interpreted DCC website?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Do you really need to have the car?
    Inchicore is well serviced with public transport in and out of the city. I would leave the car behind me and do without it until I got a parking permit sorted out before leaving it in any of the two areas you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I rented a parking space there temporarily last year, check rent.ie for parking space rentals. Will probably be anything between 70 and 100 a month, but should tide you over until you get permit. Also make sure you have all the required docs before applying to dcc for permit, it's not the swiftest process and appealing takes ages too..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tadhg17

St Michaels estate is a lot quieter these days since the flats were knocked down 6-7 years ago. You still get some teenagers breaking stuff at times so if you want to park in St Michaels, park outside Richmond Barracks as they will have cameras and a security guy there.

Safer bets for free parking would be Connolly Avenue in the Bulfin Estate, Woodfield Avenue/Woodfield Place or Inchicore Square up in the CIE Works. All very quiet and settled estates and only 5-6 minutes walk from Inchicore village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mcgoooo

Anyone know of any roads near Rosedale apartments that has free on street parking? It’s jist off tyrconnell street??

Advertisement