Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choice for Leaving Cert?

Options
  • 07-05-2017 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am in 3rd year and doing TY next year but I want to start picking my subjects now, just in case I am not picked for TY.

I am struggling to pick subjects though because the only subject I really like is Maths (I am also really good at it but not sure if that will change in leaving cert), I enjoy metalwork too but the teacher isn't great, he does mostly practical. For the sciences my favourite is Biology and then Physics, I don't particularly like either. I will probably do Ag Science for leaving cert as I live on a farm...

To help me decide what subjects to choose I decided to see what types of jobs I would like, engineering seems like a good option for me. Civil engineering would suit me the best, I think.

Am i going about this the right way, I am not sure if I would like Civil Engineering though because I don't like geography. I love nature but I hate most chapters in the book.

Can someone please help me decide on a job that would suit me and then I could be able to pick my subjects better?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thread closed - duplicate in LC forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement