Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip on the 49 Dublin Bus

Options
  • 07-05-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi, all. I will be taking a bus trip to Dublin City Centre via Tallaght soon. I'll be taking the 111 Dublin Bus to Dún Laoghaire, then the 75 to Tallaght, after that the 49 to Pearse Street.

I have everything timed but when I used a-b.ie to try and time the 49 from Tallaght it kept telling me to get other buses/different forms of transport.

So.....does anyone know how long the 12:30 (Mon-Fri) departure of the 49 Dublin Bus takes to get to Pearse Street?

Any response is much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Hi, all. I will be taking a bus trip to Dublin City Centre via Tallaght soon. I'll be taking the 111 Dublin Bus to Dún Laoghaire, then the 75 to Tallaght, after that the 49 to Pearse Street.

I have everything timed but when I used a-b.ie to try and time the 49 from Tallaght it kept telling me to get other buses/different forms of transport.

So.....does anyone know how long the 12:30 (Mon-Fri) departure of the 49 Dublin Bus takes to get to Pearse Street?

Any response is much appreciated! :)

You can check and track all timetables here: http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

Just click on find a timetable and search for your departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

It's telling me to get the 54A or the 27. But I want the 49. Thanks for the response!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

It's telling me to get the 54A or the 27. But I want the 49. Thanks for the response!

Ignore the journey planner section, click on 'find a timetable' towards the bottom right of the page. Type in 49, select your destination and look up the 12:30 departure to track stop times.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I think it is recommending those as they are more direct. I was kind of thinking those would be better routes direct wise. The 49 backtracks through Firhouse and then eventually come back around. If you really want this route I would say it will take at least an hour. It could be much longer if you get stuck in traffic. In its backtracking there are really no bus lanes so you could get stuck.

OK, thanks. :)

• Advertisement

It says the 12:30 (Mon-Fri) arrives at Pearse Street at 13:35. I'd say that's right. Also, the 54A or the 27 is probably more direct than the 49 but I'm not familiar with any of these routes incl. the 49. But going terminus to terminus makes it easier.

Advertisement