Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydraulics expert wanted!

Options
  • 06-05-2017 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, in desperate need of a GOOD hydraulics fitter in the Meath/north Dublin area.
    Needed to diagnose/repair a fairly straightforward hydraulic circuit.
    Possible scheduled periodic maintenance afterward for the right candidate.

Have been messed around by other reputable companies and need the problem sorted by competent, skilled and experienced tradesperson.

PM me if you want to want to know more,

Thanks, Aiden...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I know next to nothing about hydraulics and also that you have said that you were 'messed around by other reputable companies' but have you tried contacting Hi-Power in Ballymount, Dublin or Cork? Was only in there the other day myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tedman

Funny you should mention them ;) they didn't want to know, even though they built the HPU!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Ah right. Just another suggestion but maybe one of the Institute of Technologies might be able to help you? Its been over 12 years since I was there but DIT Bolton Street may help you. There was a hydraulics room down stairs as you went in the main entrance if I remember correctly. Also have you tried searching LinkedIn?

Not a bad idea mate, but the customer is having trouble with the unit, and to be honest money is not an issue, he just wants it repaired ASAP, will happily pay for the right tradesman to come repair as quickly as possible.

DIT is not a bad shout though, maybe the head of department could put me in touh with someone in the business, good idea mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Maybe too late or perhaps you have already contacted them but I would suggest either http://www.phc.ie/ or http://phlhydraulics.com/

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response mate, but we actually managed to get it sorted ourselves!
    There was a retaining plate in the gearbox that came loose and allowed the input shaft to float above the gearbox drive spline due to case leakage from the drive motor, because it's mounted vertically, a manufacturing fault from the factory in Italy.

Not the kinda thing you'd expect from a brand new €4500 gearbox, but there you go!

Manufacturer won't cover downtime or labour to remove and refit gearbox either!

Advertisement