Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First flush teas are becoming available. Anybody in Dublin interested in a group buy?

Options
  • 06-05-2017 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    First post! woo!

I was wondering if there is anybody here interested in fresh tea from China or India.

I've been buying tea directly from the country of origin for a few years. (thunderbolt tea from darjeeling, yunnan sourcing from China, Taiwanoolongs from -you guessed it- Taiwan, plus a couple others).

They have amazing, mind blowingly good loose leaf tea. I'm talking mainly of pure unscented tea, White, Oolong, Black, Green, and Puer tea.

By ordering from them you basically cut out the middlemen and get extremely fresh and affordable tea that you can't buy in local brick&mortar shops.

I usually buy a few hundred grams of various kids of tea at a time to avail of free shipping and bulk discounts.

Basically I'd like to find a couple of Dublin-based people that would like to share an order.

We could meet up in a bar in the city centre on a weekend and I can let you taste some of the tea I already have from recent orders.

If you're interested feel free to hit me up privately and we can share contact info :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Sounds like fun! I'm in!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yes.......in.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sounds interesting.

HAve you details of suppliers, varieties,costs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mor.tar

Man, I spent 20 minutes writing a reply and boards.ie decided to log me out and lose my post! haha.

So, short executive summary--

Suppliers and varieties:
    - Yunnan sourcing: All main varieties of tea (Black, green, white, oolong, loads of puerh, and more) from the Yunnan region of Southern China.
    - Thunderbolt tea: Mostly Darjeeling black tea, some green, some white tea, all made from the very fragrant tea leaves grown in the Darjeeling region of northern India, next to the Himalayas.
    - Taiwan sourcing: same owner as yunnan sourcing but they sell tea from Taiwan, mostly oolong.

Cost:
    - Yunnan sourcing has great tea starting at 7 USD per 100g, all the way up to the hundreds. Most tea is below 20$ per 100g though
    - Thunderbolt tea is a bit pricier for the new 2017 harvest, starting at 18 usd per 100g.

Keep in mind that even the cheapest tea from these shop has better quality and taste than what you could find here even in the specialty tea shops. 100g of tea leaves is enough to make 10 liters of tea and the same leaves can be steeped 3 or 4 times easily and still make a great cup.
    I have more inf if you need it, feel free to message me :)

Advertisement