Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are dogs allowed offleash on Garrets Town Beach?

Options
  • 06-05-2017 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a small Bichon frise and I'm looking into beaches located in Cork where I can let her offleash for photographs and such. Only one we've been to so far is Myrtelville, but tide is supposed to be high early tomorrow so that's no good.

Garretstown is the only ive found that's relatively high tide late-ish, at 4pm tomorrow I believe. And it seems quite sandy, not looking for pebble beaches or rock beaches at all.

Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

BichonF wrote: »
    I have a small Bichon frise and I'm looking into beaches located in Cork where I can let her offleash for photographs and such. Only one we've been to so far is Myrtelville, but tide is supposed to be high early tomorrow so that's no good.

Garretstown is the only ive found that's relatively high tide late-ish, at 4pm tomorrow I believe. And it seems quite sandy, not looking for pebble beaches or rock beaches at all.

Thank you.

You should be okay to let your dog off the leash. I have seen plenty of dogs off leash there. If beach is busy with children then exercise s little bit of caution but I always found it a beautiful dog friendly beach

• Registered Users Posts: 81,643 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check the local councils website, there's usually restrictions based on time of day and time of year. At the end of the day as always your fully liable if the dog attacks someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Check the local councils website, there's usually restrictions based on time of day and time of year. At the end of the day as always your fully liable if the dog attacks someone.

Yes OP please make sure your man eating bichon doesn't attack! :rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BichonF

Thank you all kindly. We went last week but kept her on the extendable leash, just so she could have freedom without anyone saying anything. She loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

i've never had any issues letting my girl off her lead there - she's not the type to go up to strangers anyway but no one ever said anything anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement