Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women; would you comply with a mugger shorter than you?

Options
  • 06-05-2017 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Always wanted to ask this. There's a consensus that a lot of women are afraid of men at night. Aside from the paranoia, there is some rationality in this. Most men might be harmless, but since the vast majority of men are taller and stronger than most women, it most certainly wouldn't end well for the average woman.

However, do the dynamics change if you've got a 5ft 8in > adult woman being mugged by a 18yr old scrawny looking 5ft 4 in boy who weighed the same as/less than you? Would most women here comply in scenario (a) no weapon (b) weapon - boxcutter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

It's Ireland so:

1) Comply and lose some belongings.
    2) Don't comply, beat the **** out of the mugger, go to prison and/or pay compensation for assault.

That's how the judges would probably see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Muggers generally enjoy an advantage from the element of surprise, so it's never going to be an "equal" contest.

What's a boxcutter? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Muggers generally enjoy an advantage from the element of surprise, so it's never going to be an "equal" contest.

It's for cuttin' boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=boxcutter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Box-cutter.jpg

• Advertisement

Fart wrote: »
    It's Ireland so:

1) Comply and lose some belongings.
    2) Don't comply, beat the **** out of the mugger, go to prison and/or pay compensation for assault.

That's how the judges would probably see it.

To what extent would you comply? If they asked for some 'favours'....would you do it or resist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm 5'8" but a scrawny man four inches shorter than me would still probably have me bet, though a woman with more muscle than me would have a better shot.

Pound for pound and inch and for inch men are generally a fcuk of a lot stronger than women, if the average man was really trying to overpower me I wouldn't have a snowball in hell's chance no matter how hard I fought. I mean, would you fight a chimpanzee that was a foot shorter than you?

Are you a scrawny 5'4'' OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I think in that situation most women, if they're intimidated enough, will comply. Stuff like height won't matter if someone has that look in their eye.

Most men would do the same even if they won't admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

OP are you thinking of trying a bit of the ol' mugging ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

jeanjolie wrote: »
    To what extent would you comply? If they asked for some 'favours'....would you do it or resist?

So basically what you're asking is what's the best height ratio, attacker:victim wise, to try and rape a woman, and will you need a weapon?

That is, um, quite the Napoleon complex you got there buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Muggers aren't known for going toe to toe for 12 rounds, they generally grab and run or brandish a knife and make you empty your pockets and are gone in 5 seconds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

If she does MMA she has a good chance of kicking ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

^^ well, i think we can put that down as a rare exception.

Im no giant by any means, I grudgingly accept that size makes for force, and that if another male is more than 4,5 inches and/or 20 kilos more than me that the odds aren't very good

...unless maybe theres some substantial conditioning advantage...and frankly I don't have 5 years of consistent training to spare, for that one eventuality.

Anyhoo, i'd advise the woman in this case to throw her purse right at him and run for her life screaming all the way.

Youngfellas, even scrawny and unarmed ones are often full of adrenaline and stupidity.

Edit ; picture of fedor vs some giant korean was in previous post - but removed. maybe because the ref in said picture was touching both their weiners.

So basically what you're asking is what's the best height ratio, attacker:victim wise, to try and rape a woman, and will you need a weapon?

That is, um, quite the Napoleon complex you got there buddy.

Still didn't answer the question...would you or would you resist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I dunno TBH. I'd be hard pressed to take any man shorter than me seriously but I'm no rocky so I honestly don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Unless the woman knows she can fight or is in great shape, thinking that you can take any adult male on physically seems delusional.
    And also a danger the mugger has a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

jeanjolie wrote: »
    Still didn't answer the question...would you or would you resist?

Oh my god, creepiest thread on boards. Do you realise you sound like a short mugger OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Depends on the woman. I used to spar with a girl in kickboxing and she used to just destroy me with roundhouse kicks. Had me limping for weeks one time. But in general men have faster reflexes and more muscle mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Solve for x.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I'm 5ft 3in so I doubt I'd meet a male attacker shorter than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I'm 5ft 3in so I doubt I'd meet a male attacker shorter than me.

You never know who you may meet in a dark alley.

Tyrion-Game-of-Thrones-Season-7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Winterlong wrote: »
    You never know who you may meet in a dark alley.

Tyrion-Game-of-Thrones-Season-7.jpg

One box cutter going on my shopping list this week:D

Advertisement