Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does maths have to be counted in your top 6 for University Of Limerick

Options
  • 06-05-2017 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Just read somewhere you have to count maths English Irish in your top 6 leaving cert subjects, then it said "foundation maths satisfies minimum requirements but not reckonable for scoring purposes" freaking out because it's my dream to go to UL but I really can't afford to count maths in my top 6!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Almost certain what you've read is incorrect. The points calculation is your best six regardless of what subject they are so if you got an H1 in everything but English or something then English wouldn't be counted. As for maths what they mean is foundation maths does not add to your points, check your specific course requirements to see if foundation maths is acceptable for entry. If it is, all you need to worry about is reaching that requirement (and any other ones) and getting at least 6 results that add up to the points you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Georginapapps1

roddy15 wrote: »
    Almost certain what you've read is incorrect. The points calculation is your best six regardless of what subject they are so if you got an H1 in everything but English or something then English wouldn't be counted. As for maths what they mean is foundation maths does not add to your points, check your specific course requirements to see if foundation maths is acceptable for entry. If it is, all you need to worry about is reaching that requirement (and any other ones) and getting at least 6 results that add up to the points you need.

Oh my god thanks so much! ahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

It is not counted in your top six but most course require a minimum level English & Maths.

Advertisement