Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PLC's who graduated this year* how long do you have to wait for your actual results?

Options
  • 06-05-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I just graduated there from doing a Business Level 6 and funny enough, the PLC college didnt give me my QQI results before the graduation ceremony which was odd. They just only gave me a cert that I have completed the course and that was it. I contacted the college and they said theyll be giving out everyones result at the end of may. Have any of ye got your results already or have to wait long like me to be able to get them?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Zak456

Same end of may
    What college is it

Same end of may
    What college is it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

We're only compiling the student portfolios now. They'll be reviewed over the next few weeks, and signed off on by the extern.

Give us a chance, for fecks sake!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

endacl wrote: »
    We're only compiling the student portfolios now. They'll be reviewed over the next few weeks, and signed off on by the extern.

Give us a chance, for fecks sake!

:D

To be honest, I find thats a really long time to find out what results you got from your course. Its even ridiculous that I went to the grad ceremony early this month and without knowing what I got. Especially if i actually deserved the certificate that states I "completed" the course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You'll get your cert when they are ready. Moaning about it won't hurry it.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    You'll get your cert when they are ready. Moaning about it won't hurry it.

Well it's just when you just finished the course, it would be ideal to know if you achieved the course or not and then give us the major award afterwards.

Vlove wrote: »
    Well it's just when you just finished the course, it would be ideal to know if you achieved the course or not and then give us the major award afterwards.

You are aware that, in most cases, we have other stuff to be doing? While your course may be finished, there's other work to be completed by staff. Time has been set aside to mark, grade and review your work. You'll get your result promptly once this has been done.

Your result is only priority 1 for you. To the staff preparing it, at this stage, once all's over bar the tallying, it's just a bit of work among many many other bits of work.

What are you hoping for

You are aware that, in most cases, we have other stuff to be doing? While your course may be finished, there's other work to be completed by staff. Time has been set aside to mark, grade and review your work. You'll get your result promptly once this has been done.

Your result is only priority 1 for you. To the staff preparing it, at this stage, once all's over bar the tallying, it's just a bit of work among many many other bits of work.

Do you work in a secondary school with PLC's or just in a PLC college? As well, I'm just wondering, besides you and the examiner, does anyone else get involved doing every students correction?

Reply to my thread on the other page

• Advertisement

Zak456 wrote: »
    Reply to my thread on the other page

on this post or another post?

Vlove wrote: »
    on this post or another post?

Zak is anxious about progression to another course. He keeps opening threads hoping somebody will tell him he has a place...

Another

I'm just wondering do you get another person besides the examiner to look over the work?

Advertisement