Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a power adapter for this device

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The power adapter is grossly under rated for this amplifier. The amplifier is "rated" at 100 watts which at 24V would need about 4 to 5 amps. Granted the amplifier's spec is a little ambitious but the power adapter you have chosen to run it is only capable of 12 (v) x 1.2 (A) 14 Watts - quite a bit short of what's required.

This high load may be causing the PSU to make the noise or the PSU is just a poor quality unit ?! I can't recommend a PSU but choose something with a bit more current capability. Something like 15 - 19 Volts at 3 amps should do - I don't believe for a second that the amplifier is capable of 100 Watts but if it can deliver even half that - 50 watts - then a PSU with that rating should be usable. I can't imagine a PSU with 24 Volts at 5 Amps would be too portable :)

Ken

Advertisement