Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casement Aerodrome Tours?

Options
  • 06-05-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I was just wondering,where do you enquire for tours of Baldonnell.

Thanks
    David
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Are the open to the public? I got a private tour a couple of years ago and was told it wasn't open to the public due to insurance and security.

It's a class tour would do it again if I could (missed a chance last summer) but I know a few people in the Air Corp who said they will organise one for a group me are members off

• Registered Users Posts: 4 miniregent

All I know is that it's not public you have to enquire but IDK where

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

All sorts of public affairs/general enquiries contacts here:
    http://www.military.ie/contact-us/

Could even try the recruiting section if it's something you're thinking of applying for, could be in their interest to try attract candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

go on and contact them, they are nice bunch of fellas, chances are, if there is a tour planned already they will add you in to that group.. on a side note, tours typically happen during work days, work hours so be prepared to take some time off

• Registered Users Posts: 4 miniregent

Ok,thanks everyone for the responses,I'm gonna try and contact them ASAP
    Thanks Again
    David

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was an A&A tour a few years ago, arranged by a member contacting the officer in charge. Suitable groups - not single people - will be brought around basically - they ask for ID data in advance also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I think another A&A tour needs to be done again this summer. Last one was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

jimbis wrote: »
    I think another A&A tour needs to be done again this summer. Last one was brilliant.
    I would be only to happy to organise another tour, for later in the year.

Please bear in mind that the IAC only do tours on a weekday and not at weekends.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Advertisement