Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem: Text sent once - received 200 times

Options
  • 06-05-2017 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I sent a text to a friend holidaying in Spain on May 3rd. Problem is that she is still receiving this text, probably now about 200 times. I have erased the original text and we have both rebooted but still repeating. Any ideas, please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is it definitely a text, not an MMS or an iMessage?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

ED E wrote: »
    Is it definitely a text, not an MMS or an iMessage?

No, definitely a short text.

Does it continue to come in if your phone is in Airplane mode?

If so:
    Your network
    Her network
    Her roaming network
    Her handset failing the ack
    -Working out which will be difficult to impossible

If not:
    Look for security apps on your phone. They've been known to do stupid things like this by intercepting SMS (Cerberus, Anti Virus, etc).

ED E wrote: »
    Does it continue to come in if your phone is in Airplane mode?

If not:
    Look for security apps on your phone. They've been known to do stupid things like this by intercepting SMS (Cerberus, Anti Virus, etc).

My phone or her phone? Her phone is not a smart phone & she is an ordinary user, I had to explain about rebooting.
    I should have said I have been in touch with VM, my provider. They suggested the reboot & assured that we would incur an extra roaming cost.

Your phone in airplane mode, and your security apps.

• Advertisement

In that case why is it just one text & not the several I have sent her since Wednesday?

Advertisement