Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniffer dogs checking bags at DUB prior to IST flight with Turkish

Options
  • 06-05-2017 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

Asked customs guys what they were looking for didn't get the time of day. Asked one passenger ( regular Irish 25 year old ) who had received closer attention what was up and he was so shook he couldn't talk..

Curious what they were after
    anybody give an educated guess? I'm thinking large amounts of Euros...........:confused:

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Most likely money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Cash dogs on that flight I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Cash or drugs. Given the flight I would guess cash. To be honest I am kind of surprised that you didn't draw extra attention to yourself by questioning them. Saw it happened a couple of times in the last year or so and the person got pulled aside for extra inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

This happens regularly. Looking for cash and/or drugs. I've seen it at gates to a bunch of different destinations including the UK. It wouldn't necessarily be targeting a particular flight but rather act as a visual deterrent for others not to try and bring stuff they shouldn't through. It's hardly a big deal is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Spondulix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

So how does paper money smell or is an odour added to it?
    Maybe it could literally washed and/or spayed with "Fabreeze" fabric conditioner to give it the odour of the rest of the laundry in the case. They have only plastic ?5's from today in U.K.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Anyone attempting to smuggle drugs into Turkey must be out of their minds.
    I've seen the film.

Engaging with the customs is also a bit silly.

I've seen that film too and you might get him:
    stop%20search%20sieze%202.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

cml387 wrote: »
    Anyone attempting to smuggle drugs into Turkey must be out of their minds.
    I've seen the film.

Engaging with the customs is also a bit silly.

I've seen that film too and you might get him:
    stop%20search%20sieze%202.jpg

Nothing at all wrong engaging with customs...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cml387 wrote: »
    Bruce

13418381_1043742135711908_1170519134750606441_o.jpg?oh=b8f2453dad1555b4cfb9039343c3e09a&oe=5975FCB2

Advertisement