Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Jet / Dublin Airport / May 5th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

It was also in Dublin on Tuesday evening - arrived from Hong Kong and departed to Stansted.

34431074126_a1c226cfb9.jpg
    2-DEER Boeing 787-8 BBj DeerJet
    by EI-GJB, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

ironclaw wrote: »

Three people from the HNA group..that own Swissport and Hainan airlines..came in on Tuesday to bring them here

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Did anyone get on the tour of 2-DEER today?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

de biz wrote: »
    Did anyone get on the tour of 2-DEER today?
    The aircraft was in Stansted today. Left Dublin on Wednesday I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Just as an aside, at $66,000 per hour, the registration 2-DEER is appropriate :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Just as an aside, at $66,000 per hour, the registration 2-DEER is appropriate :pac:

Heathrow to Dublin would be good value just for the novelty,Australia would cost you a bomb though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Where did the $66,000 figure come from? The newspapers that i read had it at 20,000 UK pounds.
    I didn't like the interior, a lot of those seats will be extremely uncomfortable for long flights.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Something creepy about the stewards. All that bowing

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

nuac wrote: »
    Something creep about the stewards. All that bowing

Were you on one of yesterdays tours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Tenger wrote: »
    The aircraft was in Stansted today. Left Dublin on Wednesday I believe.

Arrived on TUE, been parked up on 137C since, still there as of this evening when I left at 9pm. Guys from the VIP office said Justin Timberlake and an entourage were on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

de biz wrote: »
    Were you on one of yesterdays tours?

No, just saw the video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

billie1b wrote: »
    Arrived on TUE, been parked up on 137C since, still there as of this evening when I left at 9pm. Guys from the VIP office said Justin Timberlake and an entourage were on it.

It arrived Tuesday evening before 2000 & departed to STN about an hour & a half later before returning here on Friday, still parked up on the west apron today.

billie1b wrote: »

Someone fed you a line because it came from Hong Kong when he was in Iceland with his missus Jessica Biel.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Someone fed you a line because it came from Hong Kong when he was in Iceland with his missus Jessica Biel.

It brought some very important executives from the Group that owns the company that owns the jet. The same group owns Swissport and Avolon Aircraft leasing as well as an airline that may soon come to Dublin from the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭stopthepanic

Due to depart tomorrow, 09/05/17 at 1400 local.

It brought some very important executives from the Group that owns the company that owns the jet. The same group owns Swissport and Avolon Aircraft leasing as well as an airline that may soon come to Dublin from the East.

Is that the same Hainan airways that's reportedly starting in the winter via Manchester ?

I'll wait till I see them on the ground with their aircraft first.

Yeah I'd heard it was Chinese businessmen on a business trip alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Is that the same Hainan airways that's reportedly starting in the winter via Manchester ?

I'll wait till I see them on the ground with their aircraft first.

Yeah I'd heard it was Chinese businessmen on a business trip alright.

Hainan already operates from Beijing to Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

nuac wrote: »
    Something creepy about the stewards. All that bowing
    Quite normal in China. I flew with Hainan back in 2004, was a bit shocked when all the CCs came a bowed after the cabin briefing, you get used to it fairly quickly.

Hainan already operates from Beijing to Manchester

Correct that's why it's VIA its reported to be a route extension.

2-DEER leaving now

• Advertisement
Advertisement