Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery not charging

Options
  • 05-05-2017 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Recently Moved and had to put my desktop away for a while. So i broke out the laptop and found the battery wasnt working. Ordered a new battery and its not charging at all. Laptop works fine on ac power. I noticed the battery icon is flashing purple.
    I've re-installed the battery driver "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" seemed to have worked for about 10 seconds before going back to plugged in, charging and sitting at 0%
    I'm trying my best to avoid a whole system wipe and could use some advice

Make and Model: Fujitsu lifebook ah532/g21

Operating System: Windows 8 Originally, Windows 10 now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Drivers shouldn't matter, its done in hardware.

Plug it in over night, turned off. See if the cell revives. Otherwise possibly a dud or the protection circuit has kicked in making the pack dormant.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluenessy

Thank you both for your help. Bios screen has stopped appearing at boot so I will have to get that back working first

Advertisement