Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sim Only Business Unlimited sim price INCREASE

Options
  • 05-05-2017 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭

I've been on this deal: https://business.eir.ie/product/sim-only-plan/ for a while now and it's realy good for my needs. Never have service issues, connection and 4g/3g data speeds seem fine and the inclusive calls to UK are important for me too. My bills are an avertage of about ?30 per month.

I got a letter recently stating that it will be increasing by ?5 per month which I was surprised to see at a time where most companies are reducing their mobile plans, especially with the new EU rules.

I'm just wonder if anyone else has been on this plan and found something consisting of similar to this:
    ?20 per month. (+VAT!!) -- WILL NOW BE INCREASING TO ?25+ VAT, so ?30.75.
    Unlimited calls & texts
    Unlimited calls
    Unlimited texts

Unlimited
    calls to landlines
    15GB
    Data
    Roaming
    Unlimited calls & texts
    (UK, EU & USA)

1GB data roaming
    ( UK, EU & USA )
    Unlimited Free social media
    Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn

*Inclusive minutes cover calls to ROI and UK, as well as roaming in the UK, EU and USA. 1GB of data can be used in either the UK, EU or USA. Out of bundle rates are the rates charged when the minutes/text/data allowance included in your plan is exceeded. Please check current out of bundle rates for UK, EU and USA, see eir.ie/business/roaming. eir Sim Only Unlimited Plan requires a 30 day notice period to cease. Allowance excludes roaming in all other destinations. Premium rate usage is excluded. Rates quoted exclude VAT.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cormie wrote: »
    I got a letter recently stating that it will be increasing by ?5 per month which I was surprised to see at a time where most companies are reducing their mobile plans, especially with the new EU rules.

What country are you living in? Most of the telcos have failed to announce yet, and those who have came out with increases. Three is up 7%.

We'll see them all go up now as Europe has increased their costs base.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ireland :)

I'm talking about how it's gotten so competitive lately in the mobile market with the likes of lyca, tesco, ID etc doing virtually unlimited plans from ?15-?20 including VAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

All I'd say, personally, is try a SIM with each of the networks you mentioned.

Check call quality, call reliability, data speeds, data reliability and customer support.

Then make a determination...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

and remember cheapest isn't always best regarding data rate, dropped calls. A quick google will also tell you a lot.
    Remember too that some networks use the exact same infrastructure e.g. meteor and eir

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I was looking around recently, and you'll find it hard to beat that on a business plan, even with the extra €5pm.

• Advertisement

Yeah, when it comes to the roaming and calls to UK it seems so, but for domestic unlimited calls, texts and data, lyca have this deal:
    Ireland Plus ?15.00
    National Text Unlimited
    National Data 30 GB
    National Minutes Unlimited
    Lyca to Lyca Calls Unlimited
    Lyca to Lyca Text Unlimited

But when in the UK, they assign you a UK number, which is a definite no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Did you move in the end ? On same plan myself and planning on jumping ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you move in the end ? On same plan myself and planning on jumping ship.

I'm on that plan as well. Got the letter back in May. Went to all the websites of all the providers to see what I might eke out of them. In the end I decided to stay. I could'nt match that Eir tarriff with any of the other tarriffs. Forget about Lyca. They are not playing fair re EU roaming. To roam you have to pay a whole new set of fees for call, texts & data. Illegal imo.

Virgin seem to be offering a decent deal at the moment. It depends how often you call the UK I guess, but if not that often, switching to this for 6 months at €15 a month might be an option:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103922652&postcount=140

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Worth noting that most of the other operators listed in this thread are piggy-backing on the 3 network which in my experience is mediocre at best. I was on a SIM only business plan with them but recently switched to a Vodafone equivalent consumer plan because I was sick of the terrible coverage.

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I was on a SIM only business plan with them but recently switched to a Vodafone equivalent consumer plan because I was sick of the terrible coverage.

You were with Virgin or Eir do you mean? Eir have a network separate to Three/Vodafone I believe, but Virgin might piggyback on Three's network?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You were with Virgin or Eir do you mean? Eir have a network separate to Three/Vodafone I believe, but Virgin might piggyback on Three's network?

Sorry.. yes, was with 3 and yes Virgin do piggyback on their network - as do 48, lyca and Tesco

Eir and Meteor are different brands of the same company and yes have their own network which is somewhere between 3 and Vodafone in terms of quality. Eir's customer care and billing ops though (certainly on the consumer side) is nowhere near as good however.

Vodafone have their own network but again suffer from variable customer care. They're also very expensive.

When I was with Vodafone I found the business customer care phone line pretty good in that you'd get through to someone straight away. I think I had a few problems with roaming, but maybe that was eir, I can't remember. VF were constantly overcharging me though! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057087135

I also think Vodafone had some coverage issues where I live. Service seems fine with Eir and I've rarely had to call customer care. I'll probably stick with them for now.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Sorry.. yes, was with 3 and yes VF do piggyback on their network - as do 48, lycra and Tesco

Slight typo K, Virgin not VF.

When I was with Vodafone I found the business customer care phone line pretty good in that you'd get through to someone straight away. I think I had a few problems with roaming, but maybe that was eir, I can't remember. VF were constantly overcharging me though! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057087135

I also think Vodafone had some coverage issues where I live. Service seems fine with Eir and I've rarely had to call customer care. I'll probably stick with them for now.

Voda Corporate are very good but their systems seem to LOVE to disable roaming on corporate handsets. Pain in the neck to keep calling them when you change country. They can re-enable it but never prevent recurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

I am also in the same boat as you. Was on business plan, sim only and was never informed of the increase as they did not take down my business address correctly when I signed up. Very miffed at the increase and the Vodafone 25 inclusive of vat, sim only is tempting

Advertisement