Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Ballycullen to Baggot st

Options
  • 04-05-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Looking a renting a place in Ballycullen. How long would I be looking at every morning traveling into work by bus?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

JMB88 wrote: »
    Looking a renting a place in Ballycullen. How long would I be looking at every morning traveling into work by bus?

what time is work.

time dependent between 30 and 1 hour 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

what time is work.

time dependent between 30 and 1 hour 20 minutes.

Need to be in work for 9am, finish up at 5pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get the bus before 8am, you'll be in Rathmines/Portobello by 8:30 at the latest. From there is a 15/20 minute walk to Baggot Street.

Only pinch point really is Terenure Village, the rest of the way there are either bus lanes or the traffic moves quickly enough.

Get the bus after 8am and you may as well toss a dice to find out how long it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

At the risk of being annoying by totally not answering your question, it'd be faster and more reliable by bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

The worst commuting times! I'm taking bus Rathfarnham - George St and the time can vary from 25min if going for 8am start to 1h+ if going for 9am start. Moving to Ballycullen myself in a week so 1:20 for 9am start would be expected (wishful thinking maybe?)
    I cycled before which was absolutely brilliant and hoping to do it again (currently pregnant so cycling is out)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from Accommodation and Property

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

JMB88 wrote: »
    Need to be in work for 9am, finish up at 5pm!

I'd be looking for flexitime. See if they will let you work 8am to 4pm.

Anyway in all seriousness depending on where in Baggot street you want to go I would advise getting off in rathmines and walking down the canal rather than going further into town and then walking across Stephen's green.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anyway in all seriousness depending on where in Baggot street you want to go I would advise getting off in rathmines and walking down the canal rather than going further into town and then walking across Stephen's green.
    Yep, once you hit the canals, any kind of motorised transport is pointless in the city between 8am and 9am. From that point walking or cycling is the only way to get around in reasonable time.

Advertisement