Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons - Return Policy

Options
  • 04-05-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Recently bought a jacket for €20, I took the tags off and I don't have the receipt. The jacket isn't right for me I was hoping to exchange it for another. Have I any hope in getting them to take it back? It is unused

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's a simple 'change of mind', so it's up to the store. The easiest solution is to just ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Heatons are usually pretty good about refunds/exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi

No tags and no receipt? No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Recently bought a jacket for €20, I took the tags off and I don't have the receipt. The jacket isn't right for me I was hoping to exchange it for another. Have I any hope in getting them to take it back? It is unused

Since Heatons have been taken over by Sports Direct they will not give a refund for anything other than manufacturing fault. They will give you a credit note but to be honest the amount of ****e they sell since the takeover you wouldnt really bother shopping there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭con747

If you paid by credit or debit card that will suffice as proof of purchase which is all you need for that part, the tags should not be an issue as it is still in saleable condition.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

no entitlement although I wouldn't expect them to exchange something with tags removed though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

con747 wrote: »
    If you paid by credit or debit card that will suffice as proof of purchase which is all you need for that part, the tags should not be an issue as it is still in saleable condition.

The store could validly make the case that getting the goods returned with no tags means it is not in a saleable condition.

And 'proof of purchase' really only applies where you are asserting a legal right. In this case the OP doesn't have a (legal) leg to stand on and is relying on goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HI OP

To sum up, you have no entitlement to expect them to take it back. They are not obliged to.

However you can ask them to take it back for store credit etc, and as a goodwill gesture they may oblige. Bringing proof of purchase as best you can helps because it proves you're not a shoplifter etc. to be honest shoplifters would know better than to remove the tags :)

Asking nicely as the customer services desk would seem to be your best chance.

Advertisement