Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to Connolly station

Options
  • 03-05-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I have twenty nine minutes between trains ,when I arrive at Houston I have to get to Connolly within 29 minutes is that possible when I get a taxi ,if there's taxis at Houston ,and are the train times pretty accurate thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I have twenty nine minutes between trains ,when I arrive at Houston I have to get to Connolly within 29 minutes is that possible when I get a taxi ,if there's taxis at Houston ,and are the train times pretty accurate thanks

Get a luas straight outside heuston.its cheaper and will only take a about 15 mins and stops at Connelly station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Yes, it is possible, the taxis are just outside Heuston station on your right as you come out of the building (by the ticket office)...trains are accurate with their departure times...but you should have plenty of time as it's only a little over 3 km

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Gatling wrote: »
    Get a luas straight outside heuston. cheaper and will only take a about 15 mins and stops and Connelly station

+1

Op, it literally couldn't be easier. Luas stop is right outside the door of Heuston. Get the Luas to Connelly, or get the Luas to Busaras and walk the 2 minutes to Connelly. Not only is it quicker and more direct, it is much cheaper than sitting in a taxi, risking getting delayed, and clocking up the cost.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Don't wait for a Connolly Tram, get the first tram heading in that direction you see whether it's The Point or Connolly since you can practically get from Busaras on The Point tram to Connolly by walking in the same time the Connolly trams get from The Point to Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Don't want to sound like a grammar Nazi but it's Heuston Station, after Sean Heuston (not Houston TX) and Connolly, after James Connolly (not Jennifer Connelly).

Depending on your wait for a tram, you could be cutting it fine. If the next one is 10+ minutes a taxi is a better bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,336 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Especially if your train is heading southbound, consider boarding it at Tara Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,385 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

n97 mini wrote: »
    Don't want to sound like a grammar Nazi but it's Heuston Station, after Sean Heuston (not Houston TX) and Connolly, after James Connolly (not Jennifer Connelly).

Don't want to sound like a pedant but you're correcting the OP's spelling, not her grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

coylemj wrote: »
    Don't want to sound like a pedant but you're correcting the OP's spelling, not her grammar.

Not to be pedantic but incorrect spelling is usually covered under the "Grammar Nazi" remit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

coylemj wrote: »

She spelled Houston and Connelly correctly. I was correcting her naming! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Only reason I clicked into this thread was because of how much the error struck me!

Honest mistake, but strangely annoyed me for some reason. Although probably made the same mistake in my younger years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The most common mistake I see is Hueston, never seen Houston before!

OP: You should be fine, it might be a little bit tight but if there is a gap of more than 5 mins to next tram you might wanna get a cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

devnull wrote: »

It's Heuston, not Hueston.

I think we need a separate thread educating how to correctly spell train station names :p

highdef wrote: »

I think we need a separate thread educating how to correctly spell train station names :p

That's why he said the most common mistake he saw is Hueston......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,385 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

devnull wrote: »
    highdef wrote: »

A poster points out a common mistake and you helpfully correct his spelling :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Address the question, or don't post. I'm sure the OP came here for information, not to feed people's feelings of self-satisfaction

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

The Luas is the best way to get between them, just get off at The Point and walk the rest if the Luas you catch is not going directly to Connoly (it's not 2 min as people say, even with bags its 30 seconds, literally it's across a road then up the steps into the station to Connoly and across a walkway into the doors for Heuston.
    It's faster, more comfortable and unlike DB can be integrated with yourthei regular train ticket, if you use a LEAP you can use that, if you use FT pass you can tag

Also keep in mind, use the iPhone or Andriod IE planners because there are certain services at certain times that used to only go to those areas y, plike Celbridge to Heuston that now go to Connoly for the weekday morning and evening rush

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

XPS_Zero wrote: »
    just get off at The Point and walk the rest if the Luas you catch is not going directly to Connoly

You mean get off at Busaras, obvious mistake but could confuse the OP. Busaras is about 200 yards from Connolly, whereas The Point is over a mile away.

Simplified:
    Next tram goes to Connolly: get off at Connolly
    Next tram goes to The Point: get off at Busaras and walk around 200 yards

Trams going to Belgard, Tallaght or Saggart are going in the opposite direction, do not accidentally get on one.

Or...Just get the taxi, genuinely I travel to Dublin by train quite a bit and half the posts here would confuse anyone!

Can the OP let us know how they actually travelled when all is said and done...Would be interested to know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭bobbyss

You might be cutting it fine but you should make it. If you arrive a few minutes late from your first train, you may not make it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Or...Just get the taxi, genuinely I travel to Dublin by train quite a bit and half the posts here would confuse anyone!

Can the OP let us know how they actually travelled when all is said and done...Would be interested to know

I got on the Luas and it left me a few minutes,not stop once when I arrived in Connolly

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply

Advertisement