Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need to create royalty right now. No complaining.

Options
  • 03-05-2017 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Why should we let the Brits next door have all the fun, all the tourism and all the dignitaries...

What's it? 30 million euro a year? That's tuppence na'hapenny compared to the dole. And we get what? billions in revenue and all the dignitaries we could ever want!

And I mean go full royal on this. State banquets and horses and the riflemen the whole shebang.
    We begin by electing a royal. I'll put my name forward for this and all my offspring carry the throne, sound good? Ya it does.

When people think of pump and pageantry and royalty. They'll think Ireland. Land of the Kings.

Plus we could probably do other cool sh*t and be cool in front of everyone else. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Palais de Versaille generates more money than Buckingham palace, and requires zero accidental leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

greencap wrote: »
    Palais de Versaille generates more money than Buckingham palace, and requires zero accidental leaders.

No it doesn't. Don't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭Allinall

Any ideas?

Go to drunk.

You're bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

But sure we have BOD and Amy, ready made.

No it doesn't. Don't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter.

Yes it does.

• Advertisement

greencap wrote: »
    Yes it does.

No it doesn't times a thousand.

Allinall wrote: »
    Go to drunk.

You're bed.

Why do people keep saying this to me

No it doesn't times a thousand.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

Well I'm sure the OP has a fair claim but

The current senior heir-general of King James II of England and VII of Scotland, Franz is, as King Francis II, considered by Jacobites to be the legitimate successor to the Stuart kings of England, France, Scotland, and Ireland.
    Franz, Duke of Bavaria - Wikipedia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

I've read this thread and I'm not impressed so I'm going to post and then unfollow.

• Advertisement

bonaparte2 wrote: »
    Well I'm sure the OP has a fair claim but

The current senior heir-general of King James II of England and VII of Scotland, Franz is, as King Francis II, considered by Jacobites to be the legitimate successor to the Stuart kings of England, France, Scotland, and Ireland.
    Franz, Duke of Bavaria - Wikipedia

That's fine boss. Would have sure liked to be King and all but the lad has a claim to the throne and who am I to stand in his way. As long as we have royals and boat loads of dignitaries I'm happy.

Sure I probably wouldnt even know where the salad spoon is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We will have Prince Charles and Camilla visiting Dublin, Kildare and Kilkenny next week.

RobertKK wrote: »
    We will have Prince Charles and Camilla visiting Dublin, Kildare and Kilkenny next week.

Good man robbie. Will you set up a general meeting with them there to discuss our pending royalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

There's still a few Jacobite claiments knocking about Europe, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz,_Duke_of_Bavaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good man robbie. Will you set up a general meeting with them there to discuss our pending royalty.

If I meet them I will discuss the intricacies of being a royal, and send here so you can get it set up.
    It would save money on Presidential elections, but then presidential elections are fun as they are the dirtiest elections in this country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

King Deco I has a nice ring to it. A few generations of in breeding with close relatives will let the Irish royalty stand up with the best the europeans can muster.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But we'd have to give them all the swans and dophins

Royal tourism and other contributions generate about $2Bn a year.

But the UK royal family is sitting on assets valued at about $88Bn , doesn't pay inheritance tax, gets lots of grants and freebies. So really poor return on investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't see too many monarchies in the top four countries ranked by international visitor revenues.

1 United States $204.5 billion
    2 China $114.1 billion
    3 Spain $56.5 billion
    4 France $45.9 billion
    5 United Kingdom $45.5 billion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I don't see too many monarchies in the top four countries ranked by international visitor revenues.

1 United States $204.5 billion
    2 China $114.1 billion
    3 Spain $56.5 billion
    4 France $45.9 billion
    5 United Kingdom $45.5 billion

Spain is a constitutional monarchy, like the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Shouldn't be to hard to track down the heir to the last High King of Ireland. If I remember rightly, its an O'Connor, a farmer in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Spain is a constitutional monarchy, like the UK.

Read what I said. Did I say none were monarchies? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Read what I said. Did I say none were monarchies? :rolleyes:

Two out the five countries on your list are constitutional monarchies so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

As far as i can make out, the process is.

1. sieze power. (Tell the guards and army there's a payrise in it for them if they side with you)
    2. Move into the Aras.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

CU78C9fWoAAO5bj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

We do have royalty. We refer to them as Fine Gael voters.

Advertisement