Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GMR Driveways

Options
  • 03-05-2017 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just a word of advice for anyone in Galway, Mayo or Roscommon thinking of using GMR Driveways to resurface their driveway - they have signs up along the coast at the moment. I paid them when they had nearly finished the job, which was a mistake on my part. They were out the door as soon as they could manage promising to be back in the morning - which was not part of the deal. Since then I've had any amount of promises, but now the owner is insisting it's not his company and his partner seems to have changed his number. They have been paid and aren't going to be back. Classic cowboy move. Don't want anyone else to have the same experience so I'm just putting up a warning for others.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Oldest trick in the book... was the work that was done to satisfaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wagster

Not great, but we did get the land levelled and tar and chip laid which we couldn't have done ourselves. We paid a lot less than others were quoting so to be fair we weren't expecting a first class job, but did expect it to be finished - it would only have taken an hour with a roller. This was just straight hit-and-run. I'll post again if they do actually come back, but I'm not hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

These type of lads are constantly dissolving and starting new companies.

A good website for checking these people out is http://www.solocheck.ie/, you can look up the company and it's directors and see how long the business has been operating and how many businesses are linked to that director. If you see a list of companies with slightly different names under the director then you can have a fair idea they're scam artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Also https://www.whois.net is a good way to see how long a website has been registered/active. That gmr one is only live since January 2017

Advertisement