Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All Card Declined but still debited!

Options
  • 03-05-2017 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there

I was buying something in Argos today and I tried to pay for some of the balance with the value on a One4All card I received. The girl in the shop tried three times but each time it came back declined, so I paid the full amount by debit card.

I've just checked the balance on the One4All card and it's been debited by Argos despite being declined! Has anyone had this problem or knows how to resolve it?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Call in to argos and they will sort it, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

call one4all and tell them whats happened. They need card slips(signed) to finalise the transaction. they wont have them...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

It could be same as with credit/debit cards, money might come back to the card in a few days. You could try contacting them to confirm if that's the case.

I've had a few issues with Argos trying to use one4all cards in the past, to the degree that I wouldn't pay for something using that method in that store, anymore.
    I was kept waiting for about 15 minutes one day as the cashier tried to figure out what was wrong. The manager who was called wasn't much better. Ended up signing all sorts of things- debits/refunds/store report. They need to get their act together on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

This happened with my wife in Peter Marks. Essentially Peter Marks got paid twice as the One4all acted up at the till but went through, so we rang the shop and they gave a credit note and everyone was happy.....
    Messy but manageable.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I wouldn't accept a credit note in this scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

L1011 wrote: »
    I wouldn't accept a credit note in this scenario
    Anywhere else I'd agree, but they were always going to get the business......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

In the end I rang One4All and they said there was a payment processing system issue, the money was back on my account a couple of days later.

Advertisement