Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike to Work

Options
  • 03-05-2017 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have the full 1,000 to spend on the bike to work. What would you recommend for a road bike?

Is the Giant Defy no loner being sold? They used to have a fairly well specked version for around the 1,000 mark, no?

Might be tempted to throw an additional €300 but that would be tops. thx all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Hi

Have the full 1,000 to spend on the bike to work. What would you recommend for a road bike?

Is the Giant Defy no loner being sold? They used to have a fairly well specked version for around the 1,000 mark, no?

Might be tempted to throw an additional €300 but that would be tops. thx all

The Defy aluminium range has been replaced by the Contend range. To the best of my knowledge the pricing should be similar, and by all account save for shorter chain stays the geometry is virtually identical, so I'd suggest taking a look at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

A Google tells me that the Contend is the replacement for the Defy, and is in most aspects comparable, with a shorter chainstay. I'd have a look at the Contend in that case.

Edit: What Cython said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Thread closed, there's a bike to work megathread. Questions about getting around the rules will be removed.

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement