Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Tennis in Ireland

Options
  • 02-05-2017 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wondering what are the opinions of the parents with children competing in the junior tennis circuit around Ireland. I've experienced and hear some really poor stories about how the sport is run from the top authority and the exclusion of elite national players.

In the interest of hearing true stories and helping other parents i welcome some opinions.

Here's some points to id like to hear some opinions on.

1. Badly run national junior tournaments
    2. No support for top juniors
    3. National camp not involving the TOP players from each age group
    3. Tennis Ireland ACADEMY
    3a Why does the academy cost so much?
    3b Who assesses the Technical Director's success at the TI ACADEMY over the past number of years, given the fact he did not play, top 200 or coach at top 200 level?
    3c Professional level of coaching with at National academy

I have my own opinions on the above but id like to discuss with other parents on the wide aspects of the game.

Looking forward to hearing some views!

Advertisement