Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrate vBulletin to Xenforo

Options
  • 02-05-2017 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a small forum that appears to be on its last legs. I've been advise to migrate from vbulletin to Xenforo.

Does this sound like a good move & where would I find someone to do the work. It's a small community and I would like to keep costs down if possible,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Xenforo has migration tools that work pretty well with most versions of vBulletin. There are differences between the two systems, but I didn't have too many problems with the migration. 
    As for who would do it - any competent developer should be able to do it for you if you don't feel comfortable trying it yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Of all the migration paths, vBulletin to Xenforo should be one of the slickest.

At least if my memory is correct about Xenforo being a collective of ex-vbulletin staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Thanks guys - I found a developer to carry out the migration.

Advertisement