Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Bundle Conductor

Options
  • 02-05-2017 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In 2006 ESB Networks changed the lines which pass over part of my house from seperate live and neutral to bundle. Since then the part of my roof closest to the line has lost all of its colour and no mosses or lichen now survive there.

I have raised this issue with ESB Networks, their stance is that their cabelling meets all regulations and therefor "it poses no hazard" but they will move the lines at my expense. I have argued as to why I should pay when it was they who changes the lines, but to no avail. I provided them with a photographic timeline showing the changes but ESBN won't relent.

I elevated my complaint to the Commission For Energy Regulation and I am awaiting their deliberations. Since lodging the complaint I have discovered the exact same discolouration occuring on a similar property to mine. I have forwarded this new evidence to both ESBN and CER.

Is anybody else experiencing discolouration of their roof surfaces in close proximity to bundle distribution lines? (Bundle lines have a pair of conductors twisted together inside a black insulation)

The ESBN attitude is "nothing to see here, move on"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement