Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone done the evening degree in Psychology in DBS?

Options
  • 02-05-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

I'm considering doing an evening degree course in Psychology in Dublin Business School. Just wondering if anyone has done it before and how did they find it. In particular, what was the workload like? Difficulty? Was it interesting?

I would like to apply for the course but I'm just concerned as to how much hours I might have to put in. I'm 37, currently working full time, reckon I could fit in up to 15 hours per week of study. I have an interest in Psychology but the only study I've done so far is some light reading of some Popular Psychology books! So I just hope I'd find it interesting and not overly difficult.

It's a really big decision and will involve considerable investment in time and money so I would really appreciate any feedback that could help before making the big leap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CarolineLily

Porkpie wrote: »
    I'm considering doing an evening degree course in Psychology in Dublin Business School. Just wondering if anyone has done it before and how did they find it. In particular, what was the workload like? Difficulty? Was it interesting?

I would like to apply for the course but I'm just concerned as to how much hours I might have to put in. I'm 37, currently working full time, reckon I could fit in up to 15 hours per week of study. I have an interest in Psychology but the only study I've done so far is some light reading of some Popular Psychology books! So I just hope I'd find it interesting and not overly difficult.

It's a really big decision and will involve considerable investment in time and money so I would really appreciate any feedback that could help before making the big leap.

Hi,

I'm just about to start the degree in counselling and psychotherapy in DBS so I know it's slightly different. However I did the diploma version of this course in DBS last year, just so I could be sure that investing in the degre would be worth it. I can't speak highly enough of the lecturers and the college in general. Very knowledgeable lecturers who were super supportive. The admin staff are great and payment plans for my course anyway are very flexible. I don't know about study or how hard it's going to be just yet, but based on my experience so far, I'd have no worries in recommending DBS.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck!

Advertisement