Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto in Tesco.

Options
  • 02-05-2017 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Ted, I'm hugely confused....

Sometimes I play Lotto and get my ticket at the local Tesco. Sometimes they will give you points on your Clubcard for lottery purchases and sometimes they say that they don't ! So, which is it ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Disclaimer
    Sorry, points are not awarded on tobacco or tobacco related products, lottery, stamps, prescription medicines, infant formulae milk, Tesco Gift Cards, saving stamps, in store concessions or for purchases of some Tesco Bank products. Other products may also be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of Tesco.

Found here: http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/collecting/

None of the loyalty card schemes give points for lotto purchases. If you were given points before, the person serving you was clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I would have thought it was set up in the system not to give you points for those items.

Also, while some of the items may be self explanatory, I never understood not giving points for infant formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Wheety wrote: »
    I would have thought it was set up in the system not to give you points for those items.

Also, while some of the items may be self explanatory, I never understood not giving points for infant formula.

That's because it's not legal to encourage in people in any way or form to choose infant formula over breastfeeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

AnnaStezia wrote: »
    Sometimes they will give you points on your Clubcard for lottery purchases and sometimes they say that they don't ! So, which is it ??

They don't. They may ask for your card, but you don't get points from lottery purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They don't. They may ask for your card, but you don't get points from lottery purchases.

+1 they probably ask to swipe your clubcard out of habit and even if the transaction isn't eligible for points, bear in mind that the principal purpose of the clubcard is to track your spend profile, which of their stores you visit and how often. The rewards they give you is simply the carrot that encourages you to present the card at the checkout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement