Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory warranty return procedure?

Options
  • 02-05-2017 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with that?

I bought most parts for my build 2 months ago from them, and now it looks like one on RAM modules is faulty (windows rebooting, showing errors on Memtest86+).
    Once this module is removed, PC works perfectly on the other module alone.
    It's a Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8GB module.

I'll need to send it back to them, but:

1. Will they accept just one module considering it was purchased as a pair of 2 modules?
    2. Has anyone went through procedure of returning item under warranty? How do you go about it?

Thanks for any hints.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Although I've generally been against Mindfactory for reasons like this, when it comes down to it, from experience they are very decent and accomodating with returns and their support staff have good english.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

You may also be able to RMA it through Crucial, I know in the past I found it easier to deal directly with the manufacturer Crucial should have a 10 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Although I've generally been against Mindfactory for reasons like this, when it comes down to it, from experience they are very decent and accomodating with returns and their support staff have good english.

Thanks for reply.

Why are you against them for reasons like that while you're saying that they are very accomodating with return and have good english?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

papu wrote: »
    You may also be able to RMA it through Crucial, I know in the past I found it easier to deal directly with the manufacturer Crucial should have a 10 year warranty.

Brilliant. Thanks for that advice.
    Went that way. Cost me €5 for postage to Crucial in UK. Got back new memory module within a week, so really happy it worked well.

Mindfactory, also encourage that way, and they offer €5 voucher if you proceed with warranty claim directly with manufacturer. I just need to follow up on that now.

Obviously I could have bought from komplett.ie or so, and I wouldn't have to pay a cent as they arrange courier to pick up faulty items, but considering I saved about €150 on a built by buying at Mindfactory comparing to Komplett, I honestly don't think easier dealing with warranty claims is worth it.

Advertisement