Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Campervan with 5 Travelling Seats

Options
  • 02-05-2017 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was hoping to purchase (my first) campervan this summer but am stuck with one issue. We have a late teenage family that may want to come with us on holiday (hopefully) so we would need 5 travelling seats. I would much prefer a more compact van and would only need 2 berth - we are keen campers. There are some lovely compact vans from companies such as Possl, but they always seem to have a max of 4 travelling seats. Apart from getting a van converted by third party, does anybody know of compact campervans that have 5 travelling seats. I have spent a lot of time searching, and have come up with very little. Many thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

billcork wrote: »
    I was hoping to purchase (my first) campervan this summer but am stuck with one issue. We have a late teenage family that may want to come with us on holiday (hopefully) so we would need 5 travelling seats. I would much prefer a more compact van and would only need 2 berth - we are keen campers. There are some lovely compact vans from companies such as Possl, but they always seem to have a max of 4 travelling seats. Apart from getting a van converted by third party, does anybody know of compact campervans that have 5 travelling seats. I have spent a lot of time searching, and have come up with very little. Many thanks

Worth giving Cosy Campers a shout. They're really nice guys and I've noticed they have 5 & 6 seats in Transporters sometimes.

http://www.cosycampers.ie/t6swbgrey/?___store=default

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

If you're looking for a van that has 5 seat belts and will also sleep 5 I don't think it's going to be very compact to be honest . 2 double beds and a single bed would almost fill a LWB Sprinter with very little room left for anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

demoreino wrote: »
    If you're looking for a van that has 5 seat belts and will also sleep 5 I don't think it's going to be very compact to be honest . 2 double beds and a single bed would almost fill a LWB Sprinter with very little room left for anything else.

He said it only has to be two berth. Like most teenagers the kids would probably rather be out in the pissing rain with the midges than stay in the van with the old pair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Have you considered a Mazda Bongo/Ford Freda?

Power steering, petrol or diesel and automatic. Very easy to drive and park.

Fully converted it can still have 5 seat belts, semi or uncoverted you can have 7.

Two can sleep upstairs, two down. Young child could sleep in cab in a hammock bed. Would be very very cosy though!

Otherwise a side awning with sleeping compartments and you've way more space all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have you considered a Mazda Bongo/Ford Freda?

+1 sleeps four and seats 8 unconverted!

• Advertisement
Advertisement